New aire near Almerima (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
We have been visiting this area for thee last seven years and have wild camped here several times. There is now a new purpose built aire three months old, I know from the past many MH,s visit this area and I feel we should support this one.

The full address is (no name at present) El Ejido - Almerima

N.36.70785. W.004.80893

Full facs: Dump, Water, Electric (extra), free. Wifi, Washing /Tumble dryer machine (extra) no showers .

Fee: 8e night, 2+. 7e, 7 nights 42e

Colyboy

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Can't do the co-ords on this puter, colyboy - is this actually in El Ejido itself, or Almerimar itself?

Or neither LOL ?

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Coordinates take me near Malaga!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We have been visiting this area for thee last seven years and have wild camped here several times. There is now a new purpose built aire three months old, I know from the past many MH,s visit this area and I feel we should support this one.

The full address is (no name at present) El Ejido - Almerima

N.36.70785. W.004.80893

Full facs: Dump, Water, Electric (extra), free. Wifi, Washing /Tumble dryer machine (extra) no showers .

Fee: 8e night, 2+. 7e, 7 nights 42e

Colyboy
Is it on Campercontact yet?
Maybe wort adding it, if not already done

Deleted User
Think colyboy means this one...

Broken Link Removed

It's on the coast road just South of Almerimar, about 20 mins walk from town (along the "prom")

We were there last night (stayed for 2 nights). It's a new place, so there's work to do to make it less of a "car park" but the owner (Pedro) is a great character (and his wife's from Leeds!)

I would recommend it if you don't want to be on the harbour Aire (which is sometimes noisy), it's certainly better than the harbour wall on the North of town.

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Have checked co-ords and they correct.

Colyboy

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Think colyboy means this one...

Broken Link Removed

It's on the coast road just South of Almerimar, about 20 mins walk from town (along the "prom")

We were there last night (stayed for 2 nights). It's a new place, so there's work to do to make it less of a "car park" but the owner (Pedro) is a great character (and his wife's from Leeds!)

I would recommend it if you don't want to be on the harbour Aire (which is sometimes noisy), it's certainly better than the harbour wall on the North of town.
We stayed at the Harbour Aire in January
The night we were there, we were advised by the Harbour Master not to park on harbour itself as there as about to be a major gale - good advice!
It was great watching the kite surfers, but in January, I thought the harbourside was a bit dead and lacking soul.
Bet its a great place when everything opens up

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Coordinates take me near Malaga!

There are several 'El Ejidos' - this one is 'EE Almeria' as opposed to 'EE Malaga' or any other one.

LOL - they hadn't even finished the marina only time we went! Hotel and Golf course had recently opened though .... oh and the tennis courts on the original bit - which was villas, some in terraces, each with a roof terrace.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The campercontact site is according to the blurb new, but if you look on street view one has been there since at least 2008.

Ian

jetjem

Free Member
May 8, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 04
Exp
The campercontact site is according to the blurb new, but if you look on street view one has been there since at least 2008.

Ian
There used to be a camp site next door, which is gone, the land was sold off and a new campsite built 8k up the coast. The new site is unfortunately badly situated regarding views but very good facilities.

The Aire ---Parking Almerimar, has nothing to do with the old campsite and has not long been open.
Been on this Aire/site, Parking Almerimar, for going on 3 weeks, and love it. Good level well drained hard standing so no mud. Washing m/c , €3.50 by appointment, (saves arguments), drinking water, dogs free, waste disposal, electric hookup €3 a day extra.
Costs €8.50 a day, 2 nights €7 per night, or 7 nights €42.
Bread delivery 8.30 to 9.00. Free wifi. 100 Yds to beach and cafe.
About 25 mins walk along prom to 3 or 4 marinas with loads of bars etc around.

jetjem

Free Member
May 8, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 04
Exp
Coordinates N36deg 42' 26". W02deg 48'28"
Don't seem to have a degree button so read deg as the degree sign .
The camping site that was near to this Aire is now near Balerma and called Mar Azul. It's in the ACCI book.

Reactions: f6c
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just been street viewing the area again, in June 2008 both carparks on both sides of the road are stuffed with motorhomes, click on to the main road and it updates to June 2012 and both carparks are empty, where have all the motorhomes gone? Clamp down by the fuzz?

Ian

jetjem

Free Member
May 8, 2013
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 04
Exp
Hi Ian, I think the local council were happy when the new Aire was proposed and so then erected No Overnight Parking signs in all the car parks.
Apparently 200/300 vans used the car parks which now of course are empty of just about any vehicles.
On our way down here lots of the Aires were full to capacity and we had to wild camp. Reports suggested that Portugal was even busier.
As I write this there are only 14 campers on this site, so where have they gone?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back