DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Several years ago I used to spend a little time uploading photographs to Google Maps but I haven't done it for ages. Then out of the blue I got an email this morning to say one of my pictures had been viewed 10,000 times! It is a shot from the terrace of a restaurant in Sant Llorenc de Morunys in the foothills of the Spanish Pyrenees.

I've no idea what makes it special but perhaps I ought to try uploading a few more? Need to remind myself how to do it first! :)

Screenshot_20160223-080844.png

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Well you could have made the piccie a clickable 'link'..........then you'd have even more :LOL:

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Well you could have made the piccie a clickable 'link'..........then you'd have even more :LOL:
Good suggestion, this might work:
Broken Link Removed

But I'm on a tablet at the moment and it keeps using the Google maps app rather than a browser.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I used to do a similar thing with Google Earth via a site called Panoramio, then Google bought up Panoramio and completely buggered the site up. After a lot of protests from the Panoramio community (who'd put a lot of hours into populating Google Earth with free photos) Google effectively abandoned it. Some of the image still get hits but they've been largely overlayed by a new image upload system. I rarely see older Panoramio images in Google Maps these days.

The Aire Panorama Gallery link in my signature below is Panoramio based.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Good suggestion, this might work:
Broken Link Removed

But I'm on a tablet at the moment and it keeps using the Google maps app rather than a browser.
Link doesn't work for me? I'm on a tablet & it's just launching maps but taking me to the M1 j26/25 jam I was looking at earlier:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Link doesn't work for me? I'm on a tablet & it's just launching maps but taking me to the M1 j26/25 jam I was looking at earlier:(
I feared it may not work. On a tablet Maps tends to use an app rather than the normal browser. I'll try using a PC later. Got a solar panel to fix on today!

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I used to do a similar thing with Google Earth via a site called Panoramio, then Google bought up Panoramio and completely buggered the site up. After a lot of protests from the Panoramio community (who'd put a lot of hours into populating Google Earth with free photos) Google effectively abandoned it. Some of the image still get hits but they've been largely overlayed by a new image upload system. I rarely see older Panoramio images in Google Maps these days.

The Aire Panorama Gallery link in my signature below is Panoramio based.
Yes, that was one of the reasons I stopped doing it. Panoramio got 'interferred' with! I've not looked at how it can be done these days.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back