Getting a vehicle (van) delivered to France from Midlands UK (1 Viewer)

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I am currently testing out the French health care system and with Thebus being so big it is not really a possibility taking him to appointments, plus I don't really feel up to getting everything ready for moving every time I need to go out. So I am looking a vehicle adapted to take a mobility scooter

I have found something which looks okay but it is by Birmingham

There must be ways of getting vehicles delivered from one place to another?

Can anyone give advice please?

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I am currently testing out the French health care system and with Thebus being so big it is not really a possibility taking him to appointments, plus I don't really feel up to getting everything ready for moving every time I need to go out. So I am looking a vehicle adapted to take a mobility scooter

I have found something which looks okay but it is by Birmingham

There must be ways of getting vehicles delivered from one place to another?

Can anyone give advice please?
Have you seen @ROB1CHELSEA1 recent post about their vehicle...I'll look for a link

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Not sure of your budget....have seen some reasonably priced ones when toying with the idea for my Pa

Rob's thread Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Have you seen @ROB1CHELSEA1 recent post about their vehicle...I'll look for a link
Thanks - I am looking for something more basic really, and have already seen something that would do, but it is a case of how to get it from the midlands to France, where I am currently parked up :)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
where in France do you need it delivered to, and also could it be driven, I have a friend (reliable pensioner) who will do such deliveries. All depends on the total distance and proximity of an airport to get him home. From Birmingham is not a problem because I do still operate car transporters in the UK .
The European leg could be transported or driven

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Damn thing has been sold now..... arghhh!!!!. Never mind it was meant to be. Have started looking again.

It will need to come to 87150 Champagnac-la-Riviere, though not sure from where now !!!!

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
It will be worth keeping a eye on the Manhiem Auctions Sites, Mobility vehicles are often sold through them at end of contract.

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I hate being a nuisance to anyone, and if I can manage under my own steam, prefer to do so :( :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know the extent of your capabilities, but if you are going to be driving this motor in France, why can't you come over on a plane and drive it back yourself, not suggesting anything as I say I don't know if that is possible but sounds the easiest and cheapest way to me.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Damn thing has been sold now..... arghhh!!!!. Never mind it was meant to be. Have started looking again.

It will need to come to 87150 Champagnac-la-Riviere, though not sure from where now !!!!
Well somebody is in Solihull from your part of France - seen in Sainsbury's car park on Friday
van.jpg

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
There are plenty of company's able too transport the above for you it comes down to how much you are willing to pay. Won't be cheap because of all the costs involved plus paying the driver a wage. Try good VEHICLES on 01603 421545. Denise or Graham hopefully no. still in use, and will be able to give you a sensible quote all be it more than you want to pay

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Don't know the extent of your capabilities, but if you are going to be driving this motor in France, why can't you come over on a plane and drive it back yourself, not suggesting anything as I say I don't know if that is possible but sounds the easiest and cheapest way to me.
I think there is a Great Dane in tow too.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Wife and I are retired and have travelled to Europe for past 15 years with various motorhomes and could if you have a towbar ( we could take our Mx5 on our trailer) deliver it to wherever you are for the cost of the fuel and out of pocket expenses.
I operate a minibus for golfers and airport transfer, retired coach/bus driver (38 years )Sure insurance can be sorted out , i have a clean licence , no points , maximum NCB !!
Sure it would be much cheaper than getting it transported across Europe as we would certainly take of it like our own (its a new 2018 Elddis Encore 254)
As for a dog ?? we have a small Yorkie and often sit for neices doberman so no worries there.
It's up to you !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back