pedal extensions (1 Viewer)

scamp

Free Member
Aug 7, 2009
Funster No
I have a lunar newstar 48 based on a fiat ducato, the problem is that I am having problems reaching the pedals. I have to pull the seat right forward to reach and then my knees are touching the dash. I need pedal extensions, any suggestions?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome to the fun scamp......

what you need is a pair of these.....::bigsmile:

910216_f260.jpg

sorry, couldnt resist:Blush:

wooden blocks securely fixed to the pedals, probably drilled and screwed, with non slip rubber pad surfaces.

anything fixed to the pedals could invalidate your insurance in the event of a claim:Sad: and perhaps wont pass an MOT but its probably the only solution.
or a pair of the above::bigsmile:

OP
OP
S

scamp

Free Member
Aug 7, 2009
Funster No
:thumb:
hi and welcome to the fun scamp......

what you need is a pair of these.....::bigsmile:

910216_f260.jpg

sorry, couldnt resist:Blush:

wooden blocks securely fixed to the pedals, probably drilled and screwed, with non slip rubber pad surfaces.

anything fixed to the pedals could invalidate your insurance in the event of a claim:Sad: and perhaps wont pass an MOT but its probably the only solution.
or a pair of the above::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
your biggest problem will be the accelerator pedal.......how long can you hold your foot in the air?

the angle will make it inpractical and hurt your ankle due to the raised pedal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Have you lowered the seat as far as it will go? I have the same cab and the seat has a huge range for both up and down and back/forth.

Rgds
Bill

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Have you lowered the seat as far as it will go? I have the same cab and the seat has a huge range for both up and down and back/forth.

Rgds
Bill

dont know about the newer ducato's but the older ones only have backwards and forward adjustment and Scamp doesnt say what year it is.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you could contact these guys.....

TEK SEATING LTD
14 Decimus Park
Kingstanding way
Tunbridge Wells
Kent
TN2 3GP

T 01892 515028
F 01892 529751
E sales@tekseating.co.uk

they make a lowered seat base for the ducato's.......lowered by 2" :thumb:but not cheap.:Sad:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I too could do with some kind of extension for the "go faster peddle, my problem is I get Sciatica pain after an hour. What I would really like is a cruise control but cant afford it yet.

Doug...

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I too could do with some kind of extension for the "go faster peddle, my problem is I get Sciatica pain after an hour. What I would really like is a cruise control but cant afford it yet.

Doug...

what you need is a hand throttle Doug......

bit of string from the injecter pump arm through the dash and wrapped around the gear lever.

set your speed...tie it off and pray you dont need to stop quick...:ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
could be pulled on a choke cable then all you do is push it in an emergency. most trucks have some sort of similer set up for fast idle suppose to not use it on road. of course no body would.its difficult to work if you are rolling a fag using cb and watching telly while eating your supper in the dark. and some body cuts you up on a motorway. ha,ha.of course the phone goes as well puts me in a proper tizz. cheers alan.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
could be pulled on a choke cable then all you do is push it in an emergency. most trucks have some sort of similer set up for fast idle suppose to not use it on road. of course no body would.its difficult to work if you are rolling a fag using cb and watching telly while eating your supper in the dark. and some body cuts you up on a motorway. ha,ha.of course the phone goes as well puts me in a proper tizz. cheers alan.

the old Lada cars had a hand throttle along the same lines (well, they are a russian tractor) and all the above applied.::bigsmile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
All I can tell you is, ours is a 2008 model Bessacar on a Ducato 130 and Pete lowered the front of the seat last night as he found the seating position hurt his dodgy knee even on short trips - cruise control wasn't part of this partic package - so he has to get used to not having it PDQ

(Of course - we could have ordered a brand spanking new one and opted for the cruise control and the cab air-con, had we wanted to spend a LOT more money LOL)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Spelling!

Peddle!.... Injecter!.... What school did you lot go to?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
school of life . probably aproved by the authority.some like me spent alot of time sciving but never mind .dun he spk propa inglsh. cheers alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back