Freeview box (1 Viewer)

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Having problems with my Humax f2-1000t free to view digybox it came fitted to the vans dvd, reversing camera system.

On two occasions now the remote fails to operate the box, I've put new batteries in the remote ;but this has made no difference. If i switch the unit off and on a few times all seems to work ok.

So is it a IR problem, if it is then could be the receiver or the remote, is there a way of checking ?

It may be easier to get another free-view box ;but the existing set-up would require an
Rf modulator output as opposed to the Rf loop. So any suggestions on a cheap free view box with Rf modulated?

regards

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Having problems with my Humax f2-1000t free to view digybox it came fitted to the vans dvd, reversing camera system.

On two occasions now the remote fails to operate the box, I've put new batteries in the remote ;but this has made no difference. If i switch the unit off and on a few times all seems to work ok.

So is it a IR problem, if it is then could be the receiver or the remote, is there a way of checking ?

It may be easier to get another free-view box ;but the existing set-up would require an
Rf modulator output as opposed to the Rf loop. So any suggestions on a cheap free view box with Rf modulated?

regards
You can check if the remote is flashing a signal by viewing the end through your phone camera keep pressing the remote fast and you will be able to see if it misses a beat or two:thumb:
Geo
Geo

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
You can check if the remote is flashing a signal by viewing the end through your phone camera keep pressing the remote fast and you will be able to see if it misses a beat or two:thumb:
Geo
Geo

good thinking batman, the remote and receiver both flash without any misses at the moment., then for some reason the digibox fails to respond. I suspect its may be the box as switching on and off several times seems to cure it. Software for the box is up-to-date.
I did read somewhere that if the batteries go flat at any time this can cause problems ;but not found any info on that.

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Any chance it's sunlight falling on the digibox IR receiver ?

Its housed in a top locker where the control panel is located so doesn't get any sunlight,The set-up enables free view via a scart lead to the a small monitor in the cab which can also show dvd's and auto selects the rear camera when reverse is engaged.

Could get another freeview box cheap enough ;but would need one with RF modulated to feed socket in the rear of the van.

Intermittent faults don't you just love them:Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Could get another freeview box cheap enough ;but would need one with RF modulated to feed socket in the rear of the van.

Someone on TV was making a big thing of a "cheap" box to covert even black and white sets because it's RF out. But it was ÂŁ39.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back