Waco rear view camera - monitor repairer (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
hi

Does anyone know where I could get a repair on a weaco rear camera monitor?

Mine is just over three years old and have been quoted £350 for a new one!

Obviously would be getter for me if I could have it repaired.

Many thanks

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
What is the problem with the monitor ? We have a weaco rear monitor which goes blank occasionally, we've traced it to a fault in the wiring loom local to the monitor and all we do is squeeze or waggle the wiring loom and it comes back to life. Will get round to fixing it one day.

OP
OP
Cyclewalkbob
Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Remember the old TV's we are getting a black screen with white horizontal interference lines

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I had problems with my Waco reversing camera last year. I could'nt tell whether it was the camera or the monitor. After a lot of enquiries I could'nt find anywhere to get it repaired so gave up and had it replaced at Vanbitz.
The new one is a great improvement on my old one which was 7 years old but £600.
Spongy

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I have had to have 2 new cables but have the same camera and monitor since 2007. They were all fitted by Conrad Anderson in Birmingham. When I queried why the cables were failing they said it was the very fine wires inside the loom that were snapping somewhere inside the loom due to the vehicle flexing. Your symptoms sound like my last cable failure.

Check with a known good system before blaming or replacing a monitor.

We have lost the sound on ours (for about 4 years now) but decided to just forget it as the vision side is still going fine.

IMHO the cable is the weak spot in these systems. We were told they even get damaged cables supplied as new and have to test every one.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Remember the old TV's we are getting a black screen with white horizontal interference lines

Yes, we sometimes see that just prior to the monitor going off. Still leaning towards cable faults rather than the monitor or camera.

OP
OP
Cyclewalkbob
Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Had dealer check by using another monitor it worked ok with replacement monitor.

Not sure to invest in new one, buy secondhand to try and get repaired - hence my question.

Thanks to everyone who has responded

Cheers

Bob

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Exp
Several years now
Just had the MH out for a run. The monitor started acting up a bit (tho it was perfect on the last run). Flickering and occasional going off entirely. As it is a two camera system I used the button on the monitor to view the reversing camera while driving, instead of the rear view camera. The problems stopped, which leads me to still believe the problem is NOT with the monitor, but in the wiring loom.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If the wiring looms are not capable of taking the flexing they are not fit for purpose! Electrical wiring for a 'moving' vehicle is different to wiring for a domestic 'home' that doesn't move so I'm surprised that the camera cable isn't purpose made!

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
If the wiring looms are not capable of taking the flexing they are not fit for purpose! Electrical wiring for a 'moving' vehicle is different to wiring for a domestic 'home' that doesn't move so I'm surprised that the camera cable isn't purpose made!

We were told they had faulty ones straight out of the packet. They are purpose made by WAECO. They test them all now before going any further and feeding them through the vehicle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back