Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Caravanning magazine has launched what it claims to be the biggest online campsite directory, looks OK, all that seems to be missing are site reviews.Link Removed

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Many sites claim to be the biggest but my experience is you need more than one list to find them all.

Very limited information on each site, and no map.

A much better site IMO is THIS ONE

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Many sites claim to be the biggest but my experience is you need more than one list to find them all.

I must admit, that ukcampsite is still my preferred site search tool. :Smile:

Jerseycol

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Jersey channel islands
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki Fairway
Exp
books

Jim.HI
How do i send you a private message,trying to buy your books.
regards
Jerseycol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hmm - I have an Acid Test for campsite guides, Benar Beach at Dyffryn Ardudwy doesn't appear. Now the Guide may have qualifications that "Dave's site" doesn't meet or something but it's been there since the first time I ever went to the beach in approx 1975, and is still there at the end of the road to the beach (smack opposite Dyffryn Seaside Estate, just turn left instead of right!) Although the road IS a tad narrow in places and there are some nasty bends with dry stone walls reminiscent of the TT course but as long as you don't meet anyone with a spacial awareness problem you are OK.

Some people can't even pass us on a motorbike going the other way and heaven forfend they should meet another car or caravan LOL A lot of drivers don't seem to understand NOT to drive onto the level crossing when there's a traffic jam in front of em?????

I wouldn't recommend the road for owt very huge, but both sites take touring caravans and motorhomes - the Seaside Estate also has loads of static caravans and one wouldn't imagine they had em all air-lifted in!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This guide has three short comings, .. it lists sites with MH facilities but no max length, doesn't have GPS co ordinates and as already mentioned, no map, essential information for an RV owner.
Postal addresses are all very well, but out in the sticks they can be difficult to find .. Post Codes can cover large areas and addresses are often woolly.

The very best site guides are those compiled by users and can be found free on most MH and RV forums.. but there is no definitive guide, so like many others we use a whole bunch and compile our own.. Google maps are a great tool for doing this.

jim

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

I use that one but this one Campsites Directory UK campsite and caravan park locator is my favorite as you can put your own criteria in including length (important when you have a RV) and then just create a list of favorites.

Freestyle

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30+
Pub Parking

Practical Motorhome has started a campaign, (Is that spelt right)? looking for free motorhome parking at pubs. They will be given a sign to show that it is available so let them know!
Kevin at the Drift Inn Seaton Burn should contact them
Derek:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back