Solo in Spain- Anyone else? (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Hoping to head for Spain in mid Jan 16. Heading for Murcia area but will also be traveling around. Would be please to meet up with other's.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Hi you two. Nice to hear from you again Martin. I'm in tortosa or close at the moment doing a bit of work. If your about there's lots of room here it may be a laugh for you both!! My phone no is below if your passing. Ian. 07890 043778. Cheers!

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi
I find myself Motorhoming solo in Spain this winter, so if anyone would like to meet up for a beer, please let me know.
I am currently just north of the Somport Tunnel, entering Spain in a few hours.
I look forward to some responses.
Have fun.
Alshymer
Hi, if its company you need? we normally have a good bunch her in Totana, the micro Funster group may have moved away by then, but there should be space for a Solo Traveller.

Awayoflife

Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Neismann birscoff flair
Exp
On and of for many years now permantley
Hi all new to forum. Solo in Spain. At the moment near Torox. Great little spot on the beach. About 5 vans here at moment.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Sounds lovely ! I'm in Benidorm now ! Isn't life great!!! But I did say torox a lot today when I smashed my awning against a tree!!!!!

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
I will be landing in Santander in the next week or two if anyone is about. Im a solo traveller, and my first time driving abroad. very nervous hence the ferry crossing to Santander and not Calais. Hoping to make it to the Algarve or anywhere warm along the coast. did you get my number ian?

Awayoflife

Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Neismann birscoff flair
Exp
On and of for many years now permantley
I am sure you will be fine. Straight down to the coast. I was thinking if driving round to Portugal. But it is so nice hear I have not gone yet. Quite a few people I have spoken to have just come back from there. I had heard the weather was not good about 4 weeks ago. It seems near Torox has the best weather in Spain. It was 28 degrees here on the 2nd February. Swimming weather. Keep in touch.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
still here. cant go to Santander with dog cabin cause they booked up and taking bookings for march 2017!!! first time traveling with dog, so did not know to book so far in advance, no dog kennels till end of march. le have??? something or other doesn't take dogs. from Portsmouth to cherborough seems april bookings next. that leaves portmouth to caen, or Newhaven to Dieppe, or dover to Calais. First time solo female traveller, so was hoping to miss out as much driving as possible ie france. least driving for me would be to land in caen. anyone travelling this route in the next week or two so I can follow for one day to get driving experience? many thanks

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
still here. cant go to Santander with dog cabin cause they booked up and taking bookings for march 2017!!! first time traveling with dog, so did not know to book so far in advance, no dog kennels till end of march. le have??? something or other doesn't take dogs. from Portsmouth to cherborough seems april bookings next. that leaves portmouth to caen, or Newhaven to Dieppe, or dover to Calais. First time solo female traveller, so was hoping to miss out as much driving as possible ie france. least driving for me would be to land in caen. anyone travelling this route in the next week or two so I can follow for one day to get driving experience? many thanks
Can't help with the driving down but to alert someone just put @ in front of name , @ianthebuilder & an alert is sent.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
thanks, not exactly sure how to do that. Firstly what heading thread do I put it under........... not sure how my name shows up let alone get an @ in front of name. will see if I can contact an admin to do it for me. thanks. if you know how to do this, please call me or text me when I can call you.

Feb 18, 2016
Kings Lynn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohican
Exp
Since 2013
@ianthebuilder,Hi Ian, we were a couple of pitches away from you at Denia, we are home now after moving up to Benicarlo for a couple of weeks.Had a really good time.
Safe Travels
Barry & Janet.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
@ianthebuilder,Hi Ian, we were a couple of pitches away from you at Denia, we are home now after moving up to Benicarlo for a couple of weeks.Had a really good time.
Safe Travels
Barry & Janet.

Hi you two,, I hope all is well and you had a good time! It was lovely to have met you both ! Xxx

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
managed to get a cancellation with dog friendly cabin to Santander leaving on the 2nd. very expensive. apparently, if the normal cabins are not sold 10 days before the ferry leaves, they can rent them out as dog friendly cabins. seems I have a 4 berth outside cabin to myself. expensive but I was really stressing out about driving through france alone. only another 12 hrs to get to lagos. feeling excited now.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
managed to get a cancellation with dog friendly cabin to Santander leaving on the 2nd. very expensive. apparently, if the normal cabins are not sold 10 days before the ferry leaves, they can rent them out as dog friendly cabins. seems I have a 4 berth outside cabin to myself. expensive but I was really stressing out about driving through france alone. only another 12 hrs to get to lagos. feeling excited now.

Its a lot cheaper and an easy drive to be honest.....

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years

OP
OP
A

Alshymer

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
Seaton, Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
10yrs
Hi
Sorry that I have been missing for a while- all personal stuff.
I am thinking of a trip shortly and wondered whether any solos fancied pairing up, especially good looking eligible ladies!!
Please let me know if you are interested.
Best Alshymer

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Hi
Sorry that I have been missing for a while- all personal stuff.
I am thinking of a trip shortly and wondered whether any solos fancied pairing up, especially good looking eligible ladies!!
Please let me know if you are interested.
Best Alshymer

Come to Benidorm, I'm sure you will find someone that suites your tastes!!

At the moment there is an abundance of beauties, all shapes and sizes catering for the most varied of tastes!!

The more discerning of singles can generally be found hanging around camp or street bars ( resembling male versions of fruity sellers) eying up the bevvy of beauties that arrive on disability scooters or supports of some kind,, and then spending the rest of the day trying to stay in a semi upright position !!

If that doesn't appeal and your feeling a bit braver, you could try singling out one of the heard from the copious amounts of hen ( or stag parties) if that's your fancy,, but beware!!! Trying to come between a woman and her best friends is fraught with danger!!!!!! Only for the very brave!!!!

But wherever you go, you will of course ( and I can only speak for Spain) have a great time,, and if you look like, Johnny depp, Brad Pitt, George clooney, or any of the major heartthrobs, you will not be short of company I'm sure !!!!

Sorry but I must go now, cause a tandem disability scooter has just turned up with twins on!!! This could be interesting !!! Xxxx. Have fun !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back