• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Small Windows (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
Looking for two boat/caravan windows. I aqm looking for ones to pop rivet in place as they will be going in my van. Hole size can be no larger than 38x66 cm. I would prefer on to be able to opem and have a lock.

Cheers

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
You'll possibly find these at a caravans breaker's or Ebay. Another contact is Oleary motor homes and Charles & Sony These companies sell parts for self build enthusiasts and buy stock no longer used by manufacturers.
Good luck.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
You'll possibly find these at a caravans breaker's or Ebay. Another contact is Oleary motor homes and Charles & Sony These companies sell parts for self build enthusiasts and buy stock no longer used by manufacturers.
Good luck.

Thanks for that. I am at my limit with ones on ebay. I am the highest bidder but think ill be losing out as something does not feel right so all tips/links and leads much appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Lol. Sorry i should have said Cheap/2nd hand. Two windows from Oleary motor homes cost the same to what i paid for the van :D I am making a mini camper on a shoestring budget. The idea is if the wife an me enjoy taking the van over to mainland Europe then in a year or two i will get a larger/newer van and build something to last. As well as a week in Europe in September we go to a bike rally at the end. The older we get the harder it is getting up out a tent in the morning. :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Boat chandlers, boat yards etc, may have some contacts for second hand bits and bobs, also you could look for a 'donor' caravan ... I knew a couple who had a caravan which major damp sorted out on one side, then the year later the other side was found to have major damp in it, so they cut their losses and used the furniture, windows, fittings, equipment etc to convert an old panel van - it was a lovely job and fairly straightforward as they didn't have to make furniture etc from scratch, just adapt what they already had. They sold the caravan chassis afterwards to someone who wanted to make a car trailer.

Also try car scrappers ... they may have some old campers in, or scrapped commercial vehicles with suitable windows, parts etc.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Well i won my windows but i still smell a rat. Ill let you's know why after i receive them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Got them today and more than happy as they were only £50 for the two (sliding) The Rat i smell was at the start i offered £50 as a buy now but the guy declined and wanted to go to bids. Thats OK but after 4 days another bidder appears and starts to bid and keeps bidding until he reaches £49 leaving me as the highest bidder at £50.
Now OK i am happy and happy to win at £50 but im thinking did he get a mate to bid and hope i put my £50 down? If he did he now has to pay 10% to ebay where i would offer to take away from ebay and send him £50 before posting so he would have had no fees.

Although it could also have been a genuine 2nd bidder and i am just paranoid and trust no one :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back