Would you join an Organised trip (1 Viewer)

Would you join an Organised Trip and would you be prepared to pay for it

• Yes, I would Join a organised trip

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • No. I wouldn't Join and organised trip

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • Yes, I would be prepared to pay if I joined

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • No, It would have to be free.

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

As a spin off from another thread I thought it would be interesting to see how many people would be interesed in joining an organised trip, and would you be prepared to pay.

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
I might.... but..... it would depend on:

#where to
#who the organisers were
#who other fellow travellers were
#price.... e.g. whether it represented 'good value' for me

...and whether it would suit me canine friend:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi,

As a spin off from another thread I thought it would be interesting to see how many people would be interesed in joining an organised trip, and would you be prepared to pay.

I think the concept is too complex for a simple pole.

I personally believe that those needing their hands holding will want a professional schedule like the one mentioned or DD whereas folk who know what they are doing will just debate a trip for the next ten years and nothing will come of it. You know the sort of thing "well we did that site two years ago", "oh that place is a rip off", "can't that week, I've a dentist's appointment", "a bit too far, can we shorten it".

Park Verger and the UK meets are doable format.

Here, not trying to hijack you thread but an example:

Anyone commit to a meet here next May ?
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I would pay for the groundwork but not to give someone a thumping profit.

I also like to relax so nothing like a coach trip.

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If it was to a brewery then maybe. Trouble is I've met so many people who couldn't organise a p**s-up in a brewery, I would most proberly decline.

Jerseycol

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Jersey channel islands
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki Fairway
Exp
I think the concept is too complex for a simple pole.

I personally believe that those needing their hands holding will want a professional schedule like the one mentioned or DD whereas folk who know what they are doing will just debate a trip for the next ten years and nothing will come of it. You know the sort of thing "well we did that site two years ago", "oh that place is a rip off", "can't that week, I've a dentist's appointment", "a bit too far, can we shorten it".

Park Verger and the UK meets are doable format.

Here, not trying to hijack you thread but an example:

Anyone commit to a meet here next May ?
Link Removed

looks good brian,
i think i would do that then.
col

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We find what suits us better is we bump into people that we know all over Europe,mainly becouse most of the travelers we know always know where everyone is at certain times of the year.If someone is going off somwhere and someone else fancys going they travel together.This system works for us becouse we are not obliged and dont feal organised.Regards,Dave.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ive taken two members from here through France in the summer and one Skiing in the winter.
All for free, ::bigsmile:

It's just nice to do things on the spur of the moment. I don't personally think I would want a full maxed out tour, unless I was off to somewhere like Russia or Morocco

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
how is 1/10 14.29%, my maths are not that bad, the poll software is flawed.

No its not flawed. Its a multiple poll you are allowed to choose more than one item. A simple one vote poll and all the results would add up to 100%, give people the right to vote more than once and the sums are different:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I don't personally think I would want a full maxed out tour, unless I was off to somewhere like Russia or Morocco

I think the same, the kind of trips the Silk Route Club members organise where there is a lot of expert planning and knowledge required.. travelling in a small group to exotic locations is less hazardous..

Russia, India and China are my dream trips ..

As Hilldweller mentioned, Parc Verger and the proposed Polland trip are a good format which could be expanded on..

Other ideas for destinations closer to home may be

A Disney Land trip including Paris
French Battlefields
Mosel valley
Ski trips
Wild Scotland and the Whisky trail
Surfing France
Vineyards

the list is endless..

food for thought ..

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Must admit we would not like organised trip, never know what we are doing just let what we find direct us. It could be a sign, pamphlet or something said to us or overheard, we have finished up in some funny but interesting places.:whatthe:

Dave:thumb::thumb:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
It depends on circumstances so I can't do the poll.

Not in Europe, or as far as Turkey.

But, we are considering a trip to China going through Iran and Pakistan and the 'Stans' and back through Mongolia and Russia, , and an experienced tour company that has done the trip before can take away a lot of the anxiety. There is a heavy financial cost to go with it.

Perestroika Tours (German) have tours scheduled to India and Nepal, as well as:

Egypt -
Travelling through Italy to Sicily, and from there with a ferryboat to Tunis. Driving through Libya along the North African coast to the Nile delta, passing Cairo and Luxor for Assuan. Over the Sinai Peninsula and then taking a ferry to Aqaba, we reach Wadi Rum and Petra in Jordan. From the Dead Sea going to Damascus and the ancient Aleppo in Syria to the Turkish border. In Göreme and Istanbul we are becoming familiar with the history of the Ottomans. The tour ends in Istanbul and everyone travels home individually.

Singapore

Siberia and Mongolia

The Persian Gulf:
Turkey, to Syria and if possible see the Lebanon. You will celebrate Christmas and New Year's eve in Jordan with decent temperatures, before it goes through the Saudi-Arabian desert to the Persian Gulf.
A rich programme and a lot of leisure time in the Arab Emirates let you forget the European winter. Absolute highlights of the tour are the stay in Dubai and at the coast of Oman. Via the "Street of Hormuz", you reach the Iran with its more than 6000 years old cultural history. Via Isfahan and Teheran you reach Tabriz, before this exotic tour ends with the journey through Central Turkey.

Link Removed

I've met up with The '2escapees' who have been on a number of these trips including the China - Silk Road one and are scheduled for the India-Nepal one in December. They are enthusiastic about them.

2Escapees: Mike & Judith Annan

Our Rapido 972M is now over 6 years old and it has taken us to 48 countries in Europe, North Africa and Asia. We have been from Nordkapp, in the arctic circle, to Abu Simbel, south of the tropic of cancer in Egypt and to China via Greece, Turkey, Iran, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan , and home via Mongolia, Russia, Belarus, Poland and Germany.

:Smile:
Keith

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
yes we would be keen to give it a go as we are new to m/h subject to cost & location.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It depends on circumstances so I can't do the poll.

Not in Europe, or as far as Turkey.

But, we are considering a trip to China going through Iran and Pakistan and the 'Stans' and back through Mongolia and Russia,
:Smile:
Keith

R E S P E C T.

Same as I had for a guy we met in Monza, he had ridden from Australia and was going to England to meet with is girlfriend then get visas to ride through Mongolia and back home. He was on an old BMW GS, his GF was going to ride something lighter.

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Thanks for all of the comments, as there seems to be a fair amount of interest and some very good suggestions,

I was wondering if perhaps a type of rally would interest some of the others with perhaps criptic clues or time specific sections to find certain places may be of interest, just as another thought.

As I have said before I will help anyone who wants to setup a organised trip or rally or any other suggestion,

I know some people are doutful about the idea, but again its worth noteing that some of these that are organised by others do appear to fill up with people wanting to attend,

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Russia, India and China are my dream trips ..

But could so easily be your worst nightmare. Not only hours and hours, days and days of driving but also keeping the vehicle in good shape. A pretty unhealthy "holiday" too, sit down for 10 weeks sort of thing.

I think we need to consider the difference between"holday" and "adventure" here. I consider Morocco was an adventure, we needed a holiday to recover from the hours of driving.

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Cant imagine any one wanting to be involved in a "Procession" of motorhomes all going to the same place :whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back