Woe, woe and thrice woe. (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
As Lurcio used to say " Woe, woe and thrice woe". Last week on Keeping Up With The Khans there was a scene filmed at a garage and for about 2 seconds in the background I spotted a Vincent Comet motorbike propped up against a wall. Determined to track it down I spent a couple of hours driving round the rather unsolubrious area of Sheffield called Page Hall. I went in all the shops featured on the programme and asked numerous people if they knew where the garage was, all to no avail. Back home I spent more hours scanning the area on Google Earth again without success. Then I had a brainwave, I brought a shop up on screen that I'd missed, got their phone number from their sign and managed to speak to the owner. He gave me the area of Sheffield where the garage was based, so back onto Google Earth and eventually I located it. This morning I jumped in the car, drove down there more in hope than expectation. Spoke to one of the guys there and my first woe was realised, the bike had gone. Then the second woe, there were two bikes both of which had gone. Then the third woe, the scrap man had taken them and they had been weighed in. What a waste. So I am writing this with tears running down my cheeks. (actually the last bit about the tears isn't true but the rest is).

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Never mind they'd only breakdown anyway.;)

Good bit of detective work though.:)

Could you find next Saturdays winning lottery numbers for us, ta (y)(y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I wonder if the scrap man actually scrapped them? I've been in yards in the past with 'interesting' things carefully stashed away. You never know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
A good detective would have got said scrapmans name????;) worth a try?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Saved !

From wasting your life working on a bike far inferior to just about any cheap bike in the showroom.

I sometimes look at cars I've owned then, than goodness, the brain kicks in and reminds me just how crap they were in the real world. My first car was an MG TC, I sold it for £200.

OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
There's something about old bikes Brian which doesn't necessarily transfer to old cars. My nephew has had all the high tech bikes from BeeEms to Ducatis but the bike of choice for the grin factor is his Norton 650 Dominator.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
There's something about old bikes Brian which doesn't necessarily transfer to old cars. My nephew has had all the high tech bikes from BeeEms to Ducatis but the bike of choice for the grin factor is his Norton 650 Dominator.
..................... as long as he has a friend to follow picking up oil tanks, mudguards, and teeth.

peter

Free Member
Nov 23, 2007
Near Boston Linc's
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia 640
Exp
Since 2000
I've got a 865cc Triumph Bonneville T100 2012. Looks better than the old one and goes a hell of a lot better. It will do well over the ton and doesn't piss oil everywhere and have bits falling off.:p

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
My first car was an MG TC, I sold it for £200.

Nearly bought one in the '60's...........decided not to after I drove it.......scarily rubbish to drive......... steering, brakes:Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I've got a 865cc Triumph Bonneville T100 2012. Looks better than the old one and goes a hell of a lot better. It will do well over the ton and doesn't piss oil everywhere and have bits falling off.:p
Yeah....but then, most japanese 2stroke 250's from the 1980's and 90's would also pass 100mph, didnt leak oil or parts and didnt break down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back