Auto-Trail V-line 620 owners bought frm Brownhills After May 15? (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Hi long shot but I'm hoping that the owner of a V-line 620 grey colour bought from Brownhills sometime after 29th May 2015 is also a funster.

If you are please can you PM me?

Thanks in advance

Lin :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Doubt you will get an answer to that without an indication of what it's about:(

OP
OP

Deleted User
It's not something I want to put on an open forum.
Nothing to worry anyone other than the owner, and something they most certainly would need to know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Lin
Do you know the vehicle reg?

If so, I think you can get the owners details from DVLC - I understand there is a £2.50 charge

Best of luck with your search

OP
OP

Deleted User
I don't have the reg, just the VIN :(

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Ask Brownhills to contact the buyer, and give them your contact details, and confirm the need to contact them is nothing to worry about. That way they stay within the terms of the Data Protection Act.

OP
OP

Deleted User
life savings hidden under the bed?
Ha ha, nope just a Brownhills screw up, it was a new van in the show room.
Lets just say we have something that belongs to that van, & I'm hoping they have something that belongs to ours.
:)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Ask Brownhills to contact the buyer, and give them your contact details, and confirm the need to contact them is nothing to worry about. That way they stay within the terms of the Data Protection Act.
Unfortunately Brownhills are the problem, they have made a mistake and it effects us and who ever bought the other van.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm obviously being thick but ... why not just get Brownhills to sort it out ...????

OP
OP

Deleted User
I'm obviously being thick but ... why not just get Brownhills to sort it out ...????
Because they are useless, and in order to prove their negligence I need to locate who bought the other van. It's a complicated cock up but something has come to light and if I can find who bought this van it will be useful to us and them, they possibly don't even realise the problem yet.

Lin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think I've worked out what it is ... but I won't post it on here!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You could contact Autotrail instead and see if they can help - they might have details of the new owner for warranty reasons?

Or the Autotrail owners club?

OP
OP

Deleted User
You could contact Autotrail instead and see if they can help - they might have details of the new owner for warranty reasons?

Or the Autotrail owners club?
Tried Autotrail they can't tell us, they know what the problem is but as it's not their fault little they can do.
I will get in sorted eventually one way or another but if I can locate the other VIN owner it will be a simple slam dunk.

I've,posted on the v-line fb page too.
Would be so easy if they were in fun though :)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
So am I, however if the vehicle was sold by one dealer the chances are that the registration number is one of a batch issued to them by DVLA and as such will be a following or previous number to yours try looking up the GOV site and check on those numbers near yours.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
A friend of the family bought a new car and found out months later he had different number plates on it. At PDI the fitter had put odd plates on and theirs was out by one digit found by a traffic warden noting numbers down on his rounds. :LOL:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
i had that problem with a van, the vin number and the reg number did not tie up ,caused a headache when i had to take it in for its first M.O.T ,its not a rare event but can be a pain

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
I bet it's to do with a cock up on reg numbers

If so, all the OP needs to do is put the actual VIN on their van in the change of vehicle particulars section of the V5, send it to DVLA with a covering letter and they will write to and/or arrange an inspection of the other vehicle involved and issue new V5s. Happens more often than you might think. Row of red cars of the same make and model on a dealer's forecourt. Teaboy gets sent out with several sets of plates to fit...

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
You left your OH in the vehicle whilst viewing and they drove off ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back