Who was the Funster in Thornaby on Tees this morning? (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We were waiting at the traffic lights at the end of Mitchell Avenue at 9:30 this morning when a TEC (?) motorhome went past in front of us heading west on the A1130, away from the A19 towards Stockton.

As it passed I saw a Fun sticker in the window but couldn't get the registration.

Was that you?

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Not me, though I did live in Thornaby for a good few years when I worked for ICI at Billingham, now long gone, whatever happened to ICI ?

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not me, though I did live in Thornaby for a good few years when I worked for ICI at Billingham, now long gone, whatever happened to ICI ?
You probably wouldn't recognise much of Thornaby now :) The commercial part of the town centre was rebuilt a few years ago and, as it's only a mile or so away from us, we do most of our shopping there. Jill's Dad lives just off Thornaby Road and the A174 (which has just been dualled between Thornaby Road and the A19 because of the traffic from Ingleby Barwick.

ICI was split up/sold off mainly in the 1990s. The Tioxide plant at Billingham went to Huntsman and I think the fertiliser business is now owned by CF Fertilisers UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Isn't it strange how things spark the brain ??!!!

I had never heard of 'Thornaby' until a friend of mine, (from Air Force days) moved there. Sadly, I have just heard that my friend has passed away, way too early in her life.
Having 'stumbled' on this thread I now know this part of the world actually exists and 'my mate' isn't taking the p... , sending me on a wild goose chase (I'm a 'softie Southerner').
So think of me tomorrow with my 5 hour, plus drive into that ' cold, unknown, northern part of our country :imoutahere:
Plus side, folk there seem to 'talk to people ??!!'
oh, oh, am I in trouble

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Used to Dock, ICI North Tees`. with Liquefied Sulfer. From Poland. and a Highly volatile gas (who`s name I forget) used in making Polystyrene? From Antwerp. in the 70`s. Interesting times!.

Pete

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Isn't it strange how things spark the brain ??!!!

I had never heard of 'Thornaby' until a friend of mine, (from Air Force days) moved there. Sadly, I have just heard that my friend has passed away, way too early in her life.
Having 'stumbled' on this thread I now know this part of the world actually exists and 'my mate' isn't taking the p... , sending me on a wild goose chase (I'm a 'softie Southerner').
So think of me tomorrow with my 5 hour, plus drive into that ' cold, unknown, northern part of our country :imoutahere:
Plus side, folk there seem to 'talk to people ??!!'
oh, oh, am I in trouble
It was bloomin' cold there today, hopefully less so tomorrow.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I like your dog @BusyBuilder (assuming that's your dog in your avatar)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Getting back to the first post......
Some poor soul with a crap Sat Nav,looking about himself and wondering where the hell he was and where did he kill a magpie,to end up in such a S ................... ah,thats the word.....Pickle.
Powder into "Armstrong Flooring",you had to clean out the tank,load at Steetly Buxton.get there,then they took a sample.... What ?
..... And people walked all over it when it was made.....
Tea Bag

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It was me !! Probably on my way to try and get my airbag light diagnosed.
(Can't get it turned off, so it looks like it might get expensive, don't even know where the airbag ECU is located!!)
Hello Tim, I did wonder if it was you later on - it was yesterday afternoon that I remembered you had a Tec.

If you can't get any joy elsewhere try Truck Tech at South Bank. They may know how to turn off the light.

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Hello Tim, I did wonder if it was you later on - it was yesterday afternoon that I remembered you had a Tec.

If you can't get any joy elsewhere try Truck Tech at South Bank. They may know how to turn off the light.

Ours went on our 4 year old Volvo V50, cost us near on £1000 !!

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
It's already been plugged into a code reader and a fault found, but it's not a fault that will respond to a reset from the reader (points to a fault with the airbag control unit and deep pockets . . . .)

?

Deleted User
Do you have a Fiat? Seems a common problem is with dust on the connectors under the seats. If you go to investigate its recommended you disconect the battery and wait 30 minuted to defuse the system. I had the very problem with my drivers seat. A wee bit of contact cleaner and its been good as gold since.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
It was bloomin' cold there today, hopefully less so tomorrow.
Whew, arrived unscathed there is 'snow on them there hillocks' and it's blowing a bloody gale :cold:
GJH I see you are from Acklam which is where I will be attending (apparently) tomorrow for a sad day.
I saw lots of MH's on my way here (lots of 50mph along the way !) strangely all travelling south :whistle2: :reel:

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Just had my 2013 fiat airbag ECU replaced, told total cost would be £380. Got Fiat dealer to ask Fiat if they would do a good will jester and they agreed 100% cost of part and fitting and I had to pay for diagnostic test.

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Just had my 2013 fiat airbag ECU replaced, told total cost would be £380. Got Fiat dealer to ask Fiat if they would do a good will jester and they agreed 100% cost of part and fitting and I had to pay for diagnostic test.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We were waiting at the traffic lights at the end of Mitchell Avenue at 9:30 this morning when a TEC (?) motorhome went past in front of us heading west on the A1130, away from the A19 towards Stockton.

As it passed I saw a Fun sticker in the window but couldn't get the registration.

Was that you?

You mean he did not ask for your permission ? No manners these days.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Whew, arrived unscathed there is 'snow on them there hillocks' and it's blowing a bloody gale :cold:
GJH I see you are from Acklam which is where I will be attending (apparently) tomorrow for a sad day.
I saw lots of MH's on my way here (lots of 50mph along the way !) strangely all travelling south :whistle2: :reel:
Traveling south? Shouldn't have told them you were coming north :D
If it's the crematorium, it's closer to me than Graham . . .
Yes, we are just under half a mile from the A1130 junction on the A19 and just under a mile and a half from the crematorium.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back