Which SKY setup deal? (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Which is the best Sky 'setup' deal for me?

Can't get cable in my area so it has to be a dish job, but what i want is the cheapest deal going with a 'one off' payment and no monthly subs.

Comments/ideas appreciated.

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
Why use Sky then, just put up a dish and get a settalite box from maplins for around £30, you don't need a card but you will not get Channel 5.
The other way is to get a Sky card for a one off payment of £20 and buy a box that will take it.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Why use Sky then, just put up a dish and get a settalite box from maplins for around £30, you don't need a card but you will not get Channel 5.
The other way is to get a Sky card for a one off payment of £20 and buy a box that will take it.

Oh yes you will!!!!!::bigsmile:

channel 5 is now an un-encrypted channel on Astra 2:thumb:

snippit from another forum....

"Scan in 10773H SR22000 FEC 5/6 on your box"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I was just going to say that last time out we got all the chanel 4s and channel 5s on our freesat box, i use a sky dish with ours as i find i pick up the signal easier than with the dish and lnb supplied with the camping kit one from Maplins. I found channel 5 quite by chance, the channel listing on my freesat box was news 24 but it was in reality channel 5 so was well chuffed

Last edited:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Have a look at Freesat, freesat - Home - freesat brilliant TV for everyone, you can even get free BBC HD if you purchase a HD box, just a one off payment no monthly or annual subs.

Which is the best Sky 'setup' deal for me?

Can't get cable in my area so it has to be a dish job, but what i want is the cheapest deal going with a 'one off' payment and no monthly subs.

Comments/ideas appreciated.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back