Bev has just declared me officially mean (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I like free aires, I also seem to have developed a phobia of barriers and tokens

so today found a lovely free aire, Mende, worth the travel only charge is for water and electric, the latter you have to be attached to the borne for, not sure what happens if somebody else needs water while they are attached to electrics

I digress, we are refilled but showered tonight so back down to an arbitrary 50% full of fresh water, 100% grey, I announced not sure I will pay another 2 euros for half a tank of water tomorrow

so I am now mean, or more literally she said get real David :)

maybe she is right (y)

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I like free aires, I also seem to have developed a phobia of barriers and token

so today found a lovely free aire, Mende, worth the travel only charge is for water and electric, the letter you have to be attached to the borne for, not sure what happens if somebody else needs water while they are attached to electrics

I digress, we are refilled but showered tonight so back down to an arbitrary 50% full of fresh water, 100% grey, I announced not sure I will pay another 2 euros for half a tank of water tomorrow

so I am now mean, or more literally she said get real David :)

maybe she is right (y)
What about the extra fuel dragging around that half tank of expensive water, the next one might be free.

Martin

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Get your money's worth, have a shower in the morning!:D

oh, that will involve using gas...................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
In that case I recommend the aire in Guitiriz northern Spain free EHU and water and plenty of spaces this time of year, nobody would probably even notice if you were living there full time.(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You're kidding surely ... why on earth would you pay €2 for 50L of water ... wait until you're down to at most 49L and then fill up!!!! :LOL:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
"Yes"............... :giggler:

Empty your "Grey" waste into a bucket and use it to flush the loo...

Thus saving humping the weight of all that grey waste around... (y)
Errrrrrrrrrrr.(n)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
im with you on this one david, why waste a perfectly good 2 euros that could purchase something like a glass of vino ?
wait untill the dribble comes out of the taps before filling up!!! show the missus who wears the trousers:) , she might control the zipper but you wear the trousers:)
oh yes and keep the sharp knifes under lock and key(y)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Maybe you need to review your shower techniques 50% for 2 showers sounds like poor technique or a small tank :giggler:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
im with you on this one david, why waste a perfectly good 2 euros that could purchase something like a glass of vino ?
wait untill the dribble comes out of the taps before filling up!!! show the missus who wears the trousers:) , she might control the zipper but you wear the trousers:)
oh yes and keep the sharp knifes under lock and key(y)
... as said by a kilt wearing Scot!!! :LOL:

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Knock on your neighbours van and tell ask them if you can borrow their shower as yours is broken...... Also saving having to dump waste as well. (y) :LOL:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Maybe you need to review your shower techniques 50% for 2 showers sounds like poor technique or a small tank :giggler:

I was guessing at the quantity left, bit like the gauge does TBH :)

It only shows 100 / 75 / 50 and 25% at 25% it declares itself nearly empty,

How much rounding up and down is done I don't know, but it doesn't often get to 100% and quickly drops to 75% if it does, as it happens we do have 75% left

So I was right in my choice to pay to fill again today, just left them with our dirty shower water and left, fully vindicated when arriving at next aire to find free water even though it says payable on campercontact (y)

might just have another shower :D

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
You could have seen if there was another tight arse on site who might like to go 1€ each :LOL:

I was only thinking Techno, that David and Pete really ought to synchronise their calendars so they could arrange to be in the same place at the same time.

But then of course if it happens to take a €2 Euro coin - even though they are only paying €1 each there would likely be nothing said to each other at the time, but sulks afterwards that me and Bev would have to listen to ad infi bloody nitum over 'who paid last time?' so I decided it isn't worth it ......

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
If you showered together the water would go further and it might turn out to be romantic at the time of Valentines Day!

No? Well that would probably be the attitude in my MoHo as well but it was worth a try!!

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Cough-up Titus, that's less than the price of a coffee. You can't take it with you

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Cough-up Titus, that's less than the price of a coffee. You can't take it with you
Don't start saying that ... there'e enough stupid adverts on TV using that ruddy phrase! :D

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

Coffee the other area of my biggest level of meanness, why pay when you have perfectly good stuff a few yds away in MH

But I quite like Titus Godfreyus, has a certain something, not quite sure what :LOL:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
If you showered together the water would go further and it might turn out to be romantic at the time of Valentines Day!

No? Well that would probably be the attitude in my MoHo as well but it was worth a try!!

I have enough trouble not popping the doors on my own, with the 2 of us I foresee another Tsunami :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back