Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Okay ....I have listened to everyone raving about these, so have finally done the deed and bought one. Does it come with a cook book, or should I buy one. And does anyone one have any tried and tested favourite recipes. :)

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
INterested also, we have just bought the grand one and I havent used it yet, looking forward to the replies, I was also wondering as youcan use it as an oven can you cook ordinary oven food in it, for example frozen nuggets? ready meals that you can oven cook , oven chips etc?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
No cookbook & don't forget an earthed converter if importing http://cpc.farnell.com/brennenstuhl/1508533/travel-adaptor-earthed/dp/PL11280?CMP=CPC-PLA - good quality & only £2.24 delivered. Just pop anything in it that you would in an oven (y) We use the Lakeland Remoska rack for pastries, pies, pizzas or a heavy duty steel cake tin - just have to bear in mind distance from lid to make sure that top of food doesn't burn & turn meat over for even cooking. Cooks the best chicken ever!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
INterested also, we have just bought the grand one and I havent used it yet, looking forward to the replies, I was also wondering as youcan use it as an oven can you cook ordinary oven food in it, for example frozen nuggets? ready meals that you can oven cook , oven chips etc?
As the heat comes from the top downwards you should be able to 'dry' cook.

First thing we cooked was a small whole chicken which cooked in its own fat.
You do need to cover any sticky out bits at the top, wings legs etc, with foil or it will burn

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have started a Remoska Recipe thread Broken Link Removed so hopefully some sharing of ideas :)

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Did you import yours direct and did it come with a cook book?

OP
OP
dippingatoe

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Have started a Remoska Recipe thread Broken Link Removed so hopefully some sharing of ideas :)

Thanks Womble - Good idea. I won't write on the new thread, then hopefully it will just contain recipes rather than some recipes and a lot of chat :)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I have a 3 litre halogen cooker does everything a remoska can do and cost less than a quarter of the remoska.....might not suit a family but big enough for two people....Roy

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Using ours to cook our valentines dinner tonight, partridge with veg round it, I always heat the remoska up before use, tells you not to heat empty so i put a teaspoon of water in and wipe it out before i stsrt, well sometimes, no problems in 6 years. Oh dear might just have tempted fate.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have a 3 litre halogen cooker does everything a remoska can do and cost less than a quarter of the remoska.....might not suit a family but big enough for two people....Roy
Maybe....but will it run on a 6 amp hookup.
A Grand Ramoska will as its only 640watts....a halogen may be 1400watts and borderline 6amps

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have really really wanted a remoska for a long while but have now decided to use my skillet. I can use that on gas or my electric hob when on ehu.
Saved myself loads!!

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Yes you can cook anything in the Remoska that will cook in an oven, you can reheat, anything and cook ready meals, look at the Remoska website.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
I went for a halogen cooker when we bought our oven less Adria in 2014, but although there is more worktop space than some motorhomes, I started getting a bit worried about the amount of heat thrown off onto the galley side wall which got quite hot while the halogen was in use and haven't used it this winter.
Does the Remoska throw off a lot of heat to the side?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back