Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Found this on tinternet on Friday morn whilst looking for somewhere to go for W/E at short notice...

It's a fifteen min walk further down the river than CC Rowntree Site.

So if you can't get in CC.. And wish to be in York - it's a very convenient 15/20 min walk along designated path/cycle way..
image.png
image.png
image.png

We arrived Fri night.. Due to leave at some point today...

http://www.fulfordcaravanpark.co.uk

It comes with no recommedation from me... Take it as you find it...
However, I will say that I'd have no probs visiting again if I wanted to get to York Centre :)

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Walked past this site while staying at CC last summer, they where working on the site at that time.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Might be less prone to flood we were evacuated from the cc site on our first caravan trip with the kids years ago before we actually stayed for a night!! . Tried to look at the pricing says how much for a pitch wonder if theres an amount per person dog etc also?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
We stayed here and got a lovely warm welcome from Bella. it was a pleasant walk into York along the river. Showers and toilets were ok, radiator was on so warm too. The price was inclusive when we stayed.

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
We only have a 6 metre and had no problem, but I saw bigger vans on there, but then we are usually the smallest. I am sure they would be helpful if you gave then a call.

Deleted User
Do they allow dogs anyone know?
Have emailed them a couple of times last year and got no response, assumed it was because I said we had the dogs.

Lin

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Have emailed them a couple of times last year and got no response, assumed it was because I said we had the dogs.

Lin

@Milliemobile ... SHMBO has told me there was someone on site with a dog whilst we there there this w/e..

And come to think of it... When I was chatting to owner las night.. He mentioned that someone had moaned cos he'd asked them to pick up their dog's dodo...

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
We went the weekend before Christmas (four motorhome,s) and we enjoyed it. 15 min walk along a freshly jet washed river side footpath to St Georges field car park.
I think why you didn't get a reply regards dogs is twofold!!!!!!
One, ring and ask...
Two, when ringing, say " daaaag" and ask about having your drive tarmac'd:eek:
We are off again in the summer...

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Found this on tinternet on Friday morn whilst looking for somewhere to go for W/E at short notice...

It's a fifteen min walk further down the river than CC Rowntree Site.

So if you can't get in CC.. And wish to be in York - it's a very convenient 15/20 min walk along designated path/cycle way..View attachment 93379View attachment 93380View attachment 93381

We arrived Fri night.. Due to leave at some point today...

http://www.fulfordcaravanpark.co.uk

It comes with no recommedation from me... Take it as you find it...
However, I will say that I'd have no probs visiting again if I wanted to get to York Centre :)
We were there this weekend and had a great time. Second time we've been here it's ideal for riverside walk into the city centre. £20/ night with electric hook up, £15 without.
I asked Bella how they'd faired with the recent flooding and was told that although the site itself escaped flood, the lane (Love Lane) to the site flooded so the campers had to stay a couple extra days.

Deleted User
We went the weekend before Christmas (four motorhome,s) and we enjoyed it. 15 min walk along a freshly jet washed river side footpath to St Georges field car park.
I think why you didn't get a reply regards dogs is twofold!!!!!!
One, ring and ask...
Two, when ringing, say " daaaag" and ask about having your drive tarmac'd:eek:
We are off again in the summer...
Yeah I did phone, but no answer so next logical step send an email via the site, no reply to that either. Emailed a couple of times last year got no reply. Maybe they were full but costs nothing to reply to an email.

Lin :)

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
We were there this weekend and had a great time. Second time we've been here it's ideal for riverside walk into the city centre. £20/ night with electric hook up, £15 without.
I asked Bella how they'd faired with the recent flooding and was told that although the site itself escaped flood, the lane (Love Lane) to the site flooded so the campers had to stay a couple extra days.

@Wickolad Ha!... I (we) arrived just after dark on the Fri - parked at the top end of the site.. We were in the Knaus A class by the rear fence..

On arrival we spoke to a lady (she said she was the mother-in-law.. I think!.. but didn't give her name ) I believe she was staying in the caravan with large awning...

Bumped into the youngish lad - owner (with the cap) on Saturday night - didn't get his name either! We stood out my van having a cig and he was telling me about how he came to develop the site etc..

We walked into York and had a meander around the Shambles etc.. Then jumped on a bus to have a mooch around "The Cold War Bunker"... before bussing back into the town centre.

We left at about 11 on Sunday and headed for Hemswell to wander around the antique centres..

Like I said in my first post.. We'd def go back :)

OP
OP
Fletton

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Yeah I did phone, but no answer so next logical step send an email via the site, no reply to that either. Emailed a couple of times last year got no reply. Maybe they were full but costs nothing to reply to an email.

Lin :)

I think they're a bit new to it all... and not quite as "slick" as they'd like to be... that's the impression I got from chatting to blokey! :)

PS.. I think It won't be long - when word gets out - before it gets difficult to book on that site - like the CC one!... :(

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
I think they're a bit new to it all... and not quite as "slick" as they'd like to be... that's the impression I got from chatting to blokey! :)

PS.. I think It won't be long - when word gets out - before it gets difficult to book on that site - like the CC one!... :(

Sounds a little bit like a B&B we tried to book a couple of years ago for our nieces wedding. Used the "contact us" link on the website to sent them an email. After about a week and a half, as we hadn't had any response, we rung them and managed to get through. When we was talking to them, we said that we had emailed them, and they said that they didn't know that they had email and would have to look into it.

Could be if they are fairly new that they haven't checked their emails :)

Cheers

Trevor

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Haha, yes you're right, as SWMBO quickly pointed out to me on Saturday when I bumped into a guy I used to work with years ago and told him about it when I learned he had a caravan but had not been able to get on Roundtree Park so had just come in the car for the day.
The older lady in you mentioned is Bella, she is really lovely and very helpful.
But to anyone else checking this post out........it's a really crap site, you really really do not want to go there. There are loads of sites around York to choose from!!!! Not this one!!!! :pinocchio:

Nov 28, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It used to be a residential site for Travellers, I was not aware it had changed.

The location is excellent with a tree-lined walk by the river into town, if you have bikes it is a cycle route too.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We were hoping to stay here a couple of weeks ago. I tried phoning but got no answer from land line so tried one of the mobile numbers which was answered by the man who had owned the site.
He told me the site was no longer open as they had accepted an offer from a Property Developer (His Words).

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
we recently had a weekend in York Caravan Park. a couple of miles from the centre but a bus stop at the entrance with a regular service. An excellent site with super facilities. easily justifies its 5 star rating. http://www.yorkcaravanpark.com/

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Tried to book it no answer to phone or emails-pity they're a bit disorganised as it's in an ideal location

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Good to know. Just booked for week before April BH

Don't forget .... when you get on the bus to go back to the site, tell the bus driver you are going to the site and he will usually stop right at the gate .. if it's the site I'm thinking of.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013

Lin

How could they say no to those 3 :)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
No thats Rufforth Joy - about 5 miles west of York on the Wetherby Road.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back