What club? Caravan club or Camping and caravan club (1 Viewer)

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi I am getting closer to buying my 5th wheel and truck. Looks like I will have it in April. What club would be the best? I do plan to spend a few months over the water every year and trips to Scotland. Do you join the two of them? I will be a solo full timer.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I'm not sure which sites will be able to accommodate your unit.
Some have an 8 metre limit.
Depends what you want to use the club's for.
There is a 5th wheel forum on here which may help you :)

OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi Theonlysue the unit I am looking at is only 27' so it's not so bad I think. I wish to join a club as their seems to be a few discounts on quite a few things. That have you joined and why?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We're in both and we tend to use c&cc sites a lot more. They are both similar really but c&cc prices are probably higher. Seen plenty of fifth wheels on sites.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
C & CC would be my preferred option although I am a member of both. As a solo traveller over a certain age I find this the cheaper option as there is an age concession rate during low/mid season.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We are members of both and use both club sites. C&CC have concessions for those over a certain age at times so that's good. We sometimes go on rallies with CC but mostly prefer to do our own thing nowadays. We have met some wonderful people on rallies with the CC from all over the country.

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
I am a member of both but use CC a lot more. I stayed at a CC site on Loch Linnhe in May 2 years ago for less than £10 per night.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
CC have quite a few more sites in Scotland. They would be my recommendation, but why not join both? Many do including ourselves.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We are in both, and only tend to use 5 van CL or CS type sites but we save our subs money every year by booking our overseas ferry trips with the CC cheaper than C&CC despite what they claim.

Martin

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
CC have quite a few more sites in Scotland. They would be my recommendation, but why not join both? Many do including ourselves.
What are the benefits of being in one or even both? We very rarely use our MH in the UK. we did join the first year we had the MH in 2012 never went to a site so didn't bother again.
But am open to opinions

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
C & CC would be my preferred option although I am a member of both. As a solo traveller over a certain age I find this the cheaper option as there is an age concession rate during low/mid season.
Same goes for me with the C&CC ..but am member of both ,prefer C&CC overall. Roy

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Joined both - as a newbie April 2015...

Have used both ( Main sites, CL & CS).. But perhaps CC sites slightly more than C&CC... But mostly because CC sites have been where i've wanted to be..

Also used Britstops and some independents

Not sure what this years mix will be - but it may well be tuther way round as we meander to locations not covered last year!..

Haven't been on any site that I wouldn't return too :)

OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Thank you all it looks like I will go for both at least for the first year anyway.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Only C&CC and only because we stay in the New Forest "Camping in the Forest Sites" and will save a lot of money with the membership. Apart from Discount at Towsure, we havent used it for anything else.

Victor

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2014
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1996
We belong to the C & CC but don't use them very much, we use to travel abroad with them on their winter sun rallies until they tried to charge me £75 extra fee on the rally for not booking a ferry crossing with them. I now travel on the chunnel with my Tesco club card vouchers for free and do our own thing. I understand that booking on club sites is a bit hit and miss they don't have set pitch prices for each section of the year, you can be parked next to a unit on the site and find they have paid less than you because they booked at a different time, a bit like the cut price airlines. Why not join your owners club or the MCC.
Regards
Victor

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We're in both and we tend to use c&cc sites a lot more. They are both similar really but c&cc prices are probably higher. Seen plenty of fifth wheels on sites.
as a solo 60 + yr old motorhome er I use c&cc sites because of age concession discount and single person price ,whereas c&c sites the prices are based on at least two adults and no discounts ..my average cost per night with c&cc is £14.50 .my average cost with c&c is £26 per night.hope this helps however for convenience I am a member of both . Roy

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I gave found that caravan club charge by person and pitch, so as a singleton it can be really cheap for an excellent quality site.
@Khizzie, cc must be charging you for 2 people or else you are going to very expensive sites.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I gave found that caravan club charge by person and pitch, so as a singleton it can be really cheap for an excellent quality site.
@Khizzie, cc must be charging you for 2 people or else you are going to very expensive sites.

No don't think so Sue,the c&c are charging me a set price for unit and pitch which is far more expensive than c&cc .however I will check all my this years bookings again just to make sure that I have not lost the plot.. Roy

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Just checked @Theonlysue a d last year that's what I paid on average ,so just looked at this years bookings for both c&cc and cc . c&cc as a solo my average cost per night inc age concession £12 .50 cc price as solo £ £15.50 so yes now charging per person but still a tad dearer than c&cc . doesn't matter as I use both but age co cession makes the difference with the c&cc .must have used more expensive sites last year as well looking at those figures.Roy

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
C&CC are great for Temporary Holiday Sites. Cheap and you can tour the country hopping from one to another.

They are also good for getting close to big cities and towns and most major events eg the Edinburgh Festival and not paying over the odds for the privilege.

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Try a night on each as a non-member. We are members of both and I think CC is marginally dearer. One good point of CC is that you can usually choose which pitch you would like when you arrive. On CCC our pitch has always been pre-allocated. Do check sites as many have length limits but most should be OK for your unit. In our experience they are both less regimented than they used to be. Most wardens/managers seem more relaxed nowadays.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Ditto!!

OP
OP
daved2524

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Finally got my 5th wheel and now starting the rest of my life. The composting toilet is fantastic saves all that black tank messing about. My one and only time of emptying the black tank was a disaster, the next day my Natures head composting toilet was fitted and now it's great. I am starting my planning of places to go this summer and getting ready for the winter over the water. I have joined the c&cc and wild camping so I will see how that goes. If anyone has any suggestions of places to visit this summer let me know.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back