This is either an invitation or a plea for help... (1 Viewer)

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
Caravanning all my life, driven lorries too. If I add them together does that count?
Hi All.

My name's Richard and I have a small family (wife and Daughter age 19). Until yesterday we had a fabulous dog (age 15) but it's just the 3 of us now.

We don't have a Motorhome though we will one day when our Daughter's rich and famous and that's largely why I've joined the forum here today. I have a couple of old cars; one fully restored, a second underway and one waiting in the wings.

Here's the invitation:
Would anyone like to join us (or know anyone who'd like to join us) in the Brecon Beacons in the 1st 2 weeks of March? We will pay for your fuel, food and drink while you're with us.

Here's the plea bit:
My Daughter wasn't well enough to complete her schooling and formally left when she was 14. But she is a very clever, talented and driven young woman. Because she loves to study she began to teach herself about, history, legends, myths and cultures and in the process formed a fictional world in her mind that she has been writing about ever since.

She completed her 1st novel when she was 16, had her 1st music compositions included in films when she was 17 and has been preparing to create the 1st public glimpse of her world since: a short 15-20 minute fantasy film.

Ashleigh's talent has been recognised by BAFTA the BBC and a number of well known successful professionals but she is desperate to make sure she has at least one element of a formal education before she embarks fully on her career. To get that she has set her sights on getting onto a course at The National Film & Television School and needs an Audition film to be considered. The film she has been working on for the last year and a half is for the Audition.

As her Mum and Dad we have helped her to raise the money to hire the equipment and people she needs and she has successfully run a crowd funding campaign.

The shoot takes place over 2 weeks starting on the 29/02/2016 mainly in the Brecon Beacons.

Unfortunately the Motorhome that we were to borrow looks like it's been sold and we are stuck needing something that the Actors can change in.

If there's anyone here in the forum that may be able to help we'd ideally love you to join us on set, drive and look after your Motorhome yourselves and become part of the "crew." We can cover expenses and look after you but we don't have any money left to be able to pay a fee on top (that's why this is a plea!).

I really hope that you will know someone or be able to help. It would be even better if there were 2 of you that could help because then I'd have somewhere that I could come in and get warm as well!

Best wishes
Richard

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Richard, wow your daughter sounds like a very gifted and also a very determined young lady. I wish her well. I'm ruling us out as my husband is in a wheelchair and that and the Brecon Beacons at the start of March may not be a good combo. Plus I am getting over major abdominal surgery with my 12 weeks up soon, but still recovering. Good luck and I really hope someone is willing to help.

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
Caravanning all my life, driven lorries too. If I add them together does that count?
Hi Richard, wow your daughter sounds like a very gifted and also a very determined young lady. I wish her well. I'm ruling us out as my husband is in a wheelchair and that and the Brecon Beacons at the start of March may not be a good combo. Plus I am getting over major abdominal surgery with my 12 weeks up soon, but still recovering. Good luck and I really hope someone is willing to help.

Thank you for reading my post and replying Cat53. She is remarkable and I'm told, inspiring people twice her age (proud Dad)! I hope your recovery continues to go well. Best wishes, Richard

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
I wish you all the possible luck . I'm too far away to be of any help, but really hope someone will be able to. If she needs to have her book/film translated into French ....one day.... who knows... Let me know!

Amicalement

Frankie:)
Thank you Frankie, we most certainly will but it may take you some time. The Novel I mentioned is the 1st in a trilogy (no. 2 is half way through). The world she's created is vast. This film and those 2 novels don't even scratch the surface of the work she's done. She's even written an Encyclopaedia about it!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello @RichardH and welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-2-10_18-47-39.png

Unfortunately we can't help as we're already 'booked' doing some house-and-pet-sitting in March, but I wish you all the best with Ashleigh's venture and I can see why you're pinning your hopes for a future life of luxury on your talented daughter
Go Girl
Broken Link Removed

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
Hi Richard,
i really wish the dates worked for us. This would be right up our street as i work part time as a filmset medic so i am familiar with being part of a film crew. Unfortunately we are heading to Europe in our MH at the beginning of April and i have crammed loads of NHS paramedic shifts in in March to enable me to have the whole of April off.

Good luck to you and your family, your daughter sounds really talented and driven and with ambition like that i am sure she will succeed.

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
Hello @RichardH and welcome to the Fun View attachment 92986
Unfortunately we can't help as we're already 'booked' doing some house-and-pet-sitting in March, but I wish you all the best with Ashleigh's venture and I can see why you're pinning your hopes for a future life of luxury on your talented daughter
Go Girl
Broken Link Removed
Thank you Funster I hope you have a great time with the House and Pet sitting :)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thank you Frankie, we most certainly will but it may take you some time. The Novel I mentioned is the 1st in a trilogy (no. 2 is half way through). The world she's created is vast. This film and those 2 novels don't even scratch the surface of the work she's done. She's even written an Encyclopaedia about it!!

If it reaches the success of "The Lord of The Rings" , I better be a good translator!

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
Hi Richard,
i really wish the dates worked for us. This would be right up our street as i work part time as a filmset medic so i am familiar with being part of a film crew. Unfortunately we are heading to Europe in our MH at the beginning of April and i have crammed loads of NHS paramedic shifts in in March to enable me to have the whole of April off.

Good luck to you and your family, your daughter sounds really talented and driven and with ambition like that i am sure she will succeed.
Hi Hel999, thank you for reading my post. That's such a shame, it would have been great to have you as part of the team and to be able to give you a double credit on IMDB (Medic and Transport Saviour!). If you feel you'd like to come down for a few days even, let me know. Best wishes, Richard

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
Last resort would be to hire or tow a caravan up there maybe..whatever happens good luck:)
Thanks Judge Mental. I had thought about that, but unfortunately it's not practical. We were originally offered a Motorhome & so didn't budget for its hire; just the food, drink and fuel, now we're left high and dry :(

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Richard,
Unfortunately we will be away for most of March but would loved to have helped.
I wish your daughter all the best and hope she fulfills her dreams. She sounds like a very determined young lady.
I'm sure a few Funsters will be able to help. (y)

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
Thank you John, I really appreciate your comments. Hope you have a great time on your travels.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
May I ask where in the Brecon Beacons are you planning on being, are you wanting the motorhome to be on a site on Electric over night or to be wild camping. Eg not staying on a camp site just parked up, are you planning on moving around the Beacons or staying in one place.
Thank you .

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
May I ask where in the Brecon Beacons are you planning on being, are you wanting the motorhome to be on a site on Electric over night or to be wild camping. Eg not staying on a camp site just parked up, are you planning on moving around the Beacons or staying in one place.
Thank you .
Hi Carol, thankyou for taking the time to read my post. Our main location will be near Lynn Brianne (just North of Llanwrtyd Wells). We'd be away from mains electricity during the day and able to plug in at night. Overnight you'd have the choice of sleeping in a Log cabin or your Motorhome of course.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Hi Richard
i cant do anything about the MH request but, i will talk to my wife about contacts within the film industry ,we get guys Like Danny Boyle ringing the office ,shes an accountant for about 9 film companies .

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
Hi Richard
i cant do anything about the MH request but, i will talk to my wife about contacts within the film industry ,we get guys Like Danny Boyle ringing the office ,shes an accountant for about 9 film companies .
We could become customers! That would be fantastic if you could see if she knows someone that could help. Thanks, Richard

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi
What a lovely story. Hope your daughter gets all she deserves in life. We would love to help her but we are in Morocco at that time. We wish your family good luck in all your endeavours

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
Hi
What a lovely story. Hope your daughter gets all she deserves in life. We would love to help her but we are in Morocco at that time. We wish your family good luck in all your endeavours
Thankyou both.

OP
OP
RichardH

RichardH

Free Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Don't own 1 & wish I did
Exp
Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone that read my post and took the time to reply. We came close to finding an answer but sadly the person that wanted to join us couldn't move the last of the commitments he had that would have made it possible.

This is a terrific forum and without exception the people I've had the pleasure to talk with have all been lovely.

We start Filming on Monday and so will take up the option of a Van I've been given by Europcar and spend a couple of days adding carpet, space heater, deck chairs, magnetic lights and a curtain partition for changing. Not quite a Motorhome & not quite sure who'd drive it yet but that's tomorrows challenge.

Best wishes to all,
Richard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back