Sagres (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi guys

Looking on Campercontact, the overnight parking / Aire has suddenly vanished

The service point at Intermarche is still there, but I guess this is not for overnight stays.

Are there any legal overnight stops in Sagres now?

Thanks

Robert

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Any use?
SAGRES
APN.png
Authorised motorhome parking day or night - no services

Portugal

37.0069, -8.94
N37° 0.414' W8° 56.4

20 emplacements en terre et graviers, en pente et sans ombre$
Parking en contre-bas de la place du village
La plage Praia Da Mareta est juste en dessous

Gratuit
Unit types accepted

Have you been here?
Be sociable! share your experience of SAGRES with others

favouriteAdd.png

Reviews
Reviews are the subjective opinion of the member and not of seachforsites.co.uk

Review by: mikel56
Visit date: January 2012
Unit type: Motorhome under 7M
Price: Facilities:
Large open Tarmac space excellent for motorhome overnight. Usually several parked up. Directly opposite Henry the Navigators school for navigation and exploration. Good sea views.View all reviews by mikel56

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Another
SAGRES (Algarve)

APN.png

Portugal

37.00505, -8.94525
N37° 0.303' W8° 56.715'

Immense parking en pavés, éclairé, en pente. La partie proche de la forteresse est réservée aux voitures, les CC et les bus stationnent côté village.

Gratuit
Unit types accepted

Gallery
Click on any thumbnail to see a larger version

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
And another
PRAIA DA INGRINA (Algarve)
APN.png

Portugal

37.04667, -8.88044
N37° 2.8' W8° 52.826'

Petite aire pour 3 CC, empierrée, éclairée, en pente. On peut stationner sur divers autres emplacements en terre, non éclairés.

Gratuit

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Any use?
SAGRES
APN.png

Portugal

37.0069, -8.94
N37° 0.414' W8° 56.4

20 emplacements en terre et graviers, en pente et sans ombre$
Parking en contre-bas de la place du village
La plage Praia Da Mareta est juste en dessous

Gratuit
Unit types accepted

Have you been here?
Be sociable! share your experience of SAGRES with others

favouriteAdd.png

Reviews
Reviews are the subjective opinion of the member and not of seachforsites.co.uk

Review by: mikel56
Visit date: January 2012
Unit type: Motorhome under 7M
Price: Facilities:
Large open Tarmac space excellent for motorhome overnight. Usually several parked up. Directly opposite Henry the Navigators school for navigation and exploration. Good sea views.View all reviews by mikel56
Thanks @chaser, I'll give this one a try, and if it's no longer legal will use a campsite in the next town

Regards
Robert

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Hi,

I don't know about 'legal' but there are several tolerated spots which have been listed above, we used the one by the Fort (massive paved area) and Praia Ingrina (a few kms to the east) last year with no problems. I suppose you could overnight at the Intermarche but more handy for the service point, wouldn't be particularly picturesque for overnighting there but no doubt some do, there are designated covered spaces for motorhomes.

Pete

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi,

I don't know about 'legal' but there are several tolerated spots which have been listed above, we used the one by the Fort (massive paved area) and Praia Ingrina (a few kms to the east) last year with no problems. I suppose you could overnight at the Intermarche but more handy for the service point, wouldn't be particularly picturesque to overnighting there but no doubt some do, there are designated covered spaces for motorhomes.

Pete

From memory Pete, the place on Campercontact was the place at the fort. I'm wondering if there has been a clampdown, hence why it was taken off the website.

I'm not trying to avoid campsites, however I'd rather pay to stay on a site than risk a heavy fine

Regards

Robert

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
It was ok last year Robert but things change, its still on campingcar-infos though.

The one you are heading for from chasers list had no motorhome signs all over it when we had a look last year but there were vans overnighting nearby overlooking the sea at 37.00613 93970 but we didn't use it.
You could also park down at the port as long as you don't get any chairs etc out.. 37.00803 -8.92823

Pete

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks @chaser, I'll give this one a try, and if it's no longer legal will use a campsite in the next town

Regards
Robert
There used to,be a municipal site at Sagres remember staying there years ago and one day the man in the caravan next door started throwing all his cushions outside in a frenzy ...turned out he had an invasion of ants:eek:

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
I suppose the only way to find out is to go and have a cruise around, if its still allowed near the fort no doubt there will be quite a few vans there.

Pete

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It was ok last year Robert but things change, its still on campingcar-infos though.

The one you are heading for from chasers list had no motorhome signs all over it when we had a look last year but there were vans overnighting nearby overlooking the sea at 37.00613 93970 but we didn't use it.
You could also park down at the port as long as you don't get any chairs etc out.. 37.00803 -8.92823

Pete
Thanks Pete
Will check out the Fort and report back on what we find

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back