Fuengirola campsite please that takes dogs (1 Viewer)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Hi all you good peeps, I am meeting a mate in fuengirola, does anyone know of a good campsite, aire or whatever that takes dogs and is fairly central for hotels and beach etc.

Thanks in advance

Simon and Marg

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
There is a MH parking spot by the Castle.

There are also normally MH's parked up at the fairground car park near Los Boliches, but I haven't been up there lately so I don't know if it's still permitted!

There is also one on the fairground at Cala de Mijas.

Campsites include Los Jarales, Cabopino.

Before you ask Camping Fuengirola does not take dogs and dogs are not allowed on buses!

:cooler:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
There is a MH parking spot by the Castle.

There are also normally MH's parked up at the fairground car park near Los Boliches, but I haven't been up there lately so I don't know if it's still permitted!

There is also one on the fairground at Cala de Mijas.

Campsites include Los Jarales, Cabopino.

Before you ask Camping Fuengirola does not take dogs and dogs are not allowed on buses!

Thanks

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
There's a car park/ unofficial aire in the middle of town that hosts s the Sunday bootsale. No restrictions on dogs there.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
There's a car park/ unofficial aire in the middle of town that hosts s the Sunday bootsale. No restrictions on dogs there.

That is the Fairground near Los Boliches!

Recinto Ferial - Avenida Jesús Santos Rein

Not Tuesday (Market) or Saturday (Rastro) you probably won't get in!

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp

Drove past that last week - it's on the main N340 through town so you can't miss it - loads of MH there.

Fuengirola and la cala are both places I would avoid - worse than Beni! Ok for an Overnighter tho - pint of Tetleys and an English breakfast guaranteed! Same for Benalmadena. Full of high rises, billboards and expats with ponytails:LOL:

If you venture the other side of Malaga give me a shout!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Drove past that last week - it's on the main N340 through town so you can't miss it - loads of MH there.

Fuengirola and la cala are both places I would avoid - worse than Beni! Ok for an Overnighter tho - pint of Tetleys and an English breakfast guaranteed! Same for Benalmadena. Full of high rises, billboards and expats with ponytails:LOL:

If you venture the other side of Malaga give me a shout!

You obviously don't know either La Cala De Mijas or for that matter Fuengirola or Benelmadena!

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Just a personal observation :love:

Stayed with a mate at la cala a couple of weeks ago, and been in and out of the others quite a lot recently with missus being at Xanit hosp.

Not my cuppa tea is all - prefer east of Malaga (fortunate as that is where we live!) where it's all Spanish

That's not to say I didn't have a laugh there - but it is very 'touristy'.

Sorry Mariner - I had no idea about your ponytail:D

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Just a personal observation :love:

Stayed with a mate at la cala a couple of weeks ago, and been in and out of the others quite a lot recently with missus being at Xanit hosp.

Not my cuppa tea is all - prefer east of Malaga (fortunate as that is where we live!) where it's all Spanish

That's not to say I didn't have a laugh there - but it is very 'touristy'.

Sorry Mariner - I had no idea about your ponytail:D

I personally don't see a lot of difference between the resorts to the east of Malaga and the resorts to the west of Malaga, with the possible exception of the beaches, which are far better to the west.
Oh and the west of Malaga is much more popular with people from all nations and of course the rich and famous!

Not sure why you would assume that I have a ponytail, but I guess you must have your reasons!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Funny, you'd think a cat park would be dead against dogs.
Ha ha, edited now! You must have been quick to see the unedited version, I did it almost immediately.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There is the car park by the Sea Life Centre in Torremolinos and there is the car park towards the southern end of Fuengirola close to the front and in the midst of residential apartments. See Campcontact Simon.

Last edited:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
:Eeek:
Worlds apart!

Torrox Costa
torrox-beach.jpg

Fuengirola
DSC00467palacehotel.jpg

Like I said, better beaches in the West, mind you Torrox Costa is little Germany so it's not surprising that it is so dour!!!!

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
I personally don't see a lot of difference between the resorts to the east of Malaga and the resorts to the west of Malaga, with the possible exception of the beaches, which are far better to the west.
!

I have been to both areas to resorts large and small. Not keen on any of the larger resorts on either side. Have enjoyed smaller towns much more on both.

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Public thanks to Malcolm and Catherine Bolt @Malcolm Bolt for spotting and sussing out for me a cracking little "site" a short walk from town and great for the dog, cheers guys and also to all the other contributors!

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Hello @dabhand and @Malcolm Bolt, would you mind sharing the cracking little site in Fuengirola with us please. Heading in that direction to meet up with family shortly and campsites seem a bit thin on the ground to say the least!

Thanks Dave and Ginny :)

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Very parochial, 20 min walk to town I liked it there, as it was great for the dog, say hello toYesin (Jason) for us. Ps the curry house in Fuengirola is very good, the Nawab on Calle Moncayo.

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Warning €4.50 per night, electricity€5, and showers €3.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back