Carbon monoxide and smoke alarms (1 Viewer)

Kait

Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer B584
Exp
About to start!
I can't seem to find any motorhome specific CO2 and smoke alarms. Recommendations please. Thanks in advance.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I can't seem to find any motorhome specific CO2 and smoke alarms. Recommendations please. Thanks in advance.
Ordinary domestic ones are fine.

On a related subject I heard recently about wireless smoke alarms. They link together and if one goes off the others in the network go off. This could be useful if you keep your MH on your drive, especially if plugged in. One in the MH and it's twin in the house.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We've realised that ours is too sensitive . If the dog or Ralph , poops, it sets it off. No kidding! ( of course I don't do such things:blush:)
I think it could be where we have it positioned. Where the sink is under the work surface, on the wood. Maybe if we put it towards the big sliding door , instead of the lounge side.....
Ours is for gas, CO, and smoke btw.

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Non specific, but I have fitted the Fire Angel series. These tell you in the Instructions that in a caravan / Motorhome treat them as a bedsit - i.e. one room dwellings. Try to get a smoke alarm that is for "Toast". These use a different spectrum to detect smoke and are just a little less sensitive so do not give as many false alarms.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I've just asked Ralph and ours is a fire Angel too. With a toast setting . Shame it doesn't have a fart setting :laughing:
It's got a lifetime battery in it. It's very good , but I think it's too low down . That's why it's so sensitive .

Upvote 0
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Ours is combined and tells us why it's beeping, got a shock when I first heard the voice.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Maybe there are no MH specific ones as there is no MH specific smoke or Carbon monoxide. As has been said just fit domestic ones.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ordinary domestic ones are fine.

On a related subject I heard recently about wireless smoke alarms. They link together and if one goes off the others in the network go off. This could be useful if you keep your MH on your drive, especially if plugged in. One in the MH and it's twin in the house.
It would have to be plugged in......they are mains operated only and still need a 230 volt supply wire.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It would have to be plugged in......they are mains operated only and still need a 230 volt supply wire.
Indeed, but if the MH is already plugged in on the drive it shouldn't be a problem, but it does mean you would need two smoke detectors in the vehicle, one battery and one mains operated.

Upvote 0

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Non specific, but I have fitted the Fire Angel series. These tell you in the Instructions that in a caravan / Motorhome treat them as a bedsit - i.e. one room dwellings. Try to get a smoke alarm that is for "Toast". These use a different spectrum to detect smoke and are just a little less sensitive so do not give as many false alarms.
Bump

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back