Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
Hiya Funsters, apologies for the quality of the photo but this little device is in a corner cupboard. It's attached by two screws and has a rubber centre. I'm pretty sure it has no electrical function so what the heck is it?

Attachments

• IMG_20160208_145935586.jpg
    IMG_20160208_145935586.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 352

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
Standard issue grey alien surveillance bug - a tinfoil helmet should block it.

I think its the Mk 1 model, it does not work if the vehicle is submerged in more than 10' of water.
You can check it out on the intergalactic manual of foreign objects page 330000/1546/90, ( it may currently be out of print)

Terry ( ex space cadet )

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
A look on the roof above this cupboard may reveal all, but very probably status aerial blank, or cable entry blank as mentioned by icantremember. :)

OP
OP
yorkist

yorkist

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
A look on the roof above this cupboard may reveal all, but very probably status aerial blank, or cable entry blank as mentioned by icantremember. :)
Thanks to the Alien Conspiracy Nuts - very funny - the device is right where I wanted to drill to receive the solar cables through roof, however, that wasn't possible in any event because above that on the roof, is a raised moulding panel - part of the bonded roof design - so I've had to move the drill location elsewhere, but I just wondered why Bessacarr would stick this unidentified object where it is and what it is used for. I'm not daft but I am new to all this and I seem to come up with more questions than answers.

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
:Grin:
Thanks to the Alien Conspiracy Nuts - very funny - the device is right where I wanted to drill to receive the solar cables through roof, however, that wasn't possible in any event because above that on the roof, is a raised moulding panel - part of the bonded roof design - so I've had to move the drill location elsewhere, but I just wondered why Bessacarr would stick this unidentified object where it is and what it is used for. I'm not daft but I am new to all this and I seem to come up with more questions than answers.

Bessacarr didn't fit it, it was actually fitted by the Rracasseb aliens (they are a backward race of aliens).
You can check it out on the intergalactic manual of foreign objects page 330000/1546/91, ( it may currently be out of print).

Don't say I didn't warn you !!

Terry (ex whatever) :Grin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
The gray rubber centre cap looks like it should pull off, have you taken it off and looked inside? It may have cylindrical tube right through to roof liner or it could even have a tube passage for cables to exit elsewhere. I'm not familiar with bessecar MH so not sure but worth having a look inside of cap is removable.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Its a duck's face going "oooh", or more sensibly its a Polo mint stuck on with chewing gum and two pop rivets.....

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
I would take it off and have a look what its hiding,probably just a old cable entry.I wouldnt be able to sleep without knowing:)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
.... ever seen the film "Batteries not included" .... :)

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
cant see it properly but it looks like a corner fixing!

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Looks like a round flux capacitor, which many on here will know about, as way back in time they were used to allow the older motorhome to pass through time. Who remembers the round flux capacitor?
solenoid-drilled2.jpg

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I e-mailed Paul, a few min`s ago. waiting for a Reply. (in I guess about half a millennium?).

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back