Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
Hiya Funsters. According to my Bessacarr service manual there is solar connection point adjacent to the leisure battery box, close to the battery box fuse. All I could find was this but I'm sure that's an in-line fuse, though for what I'm not sure. Can anyone advise exactly what the connection point looks like. I was going to attached the solar cables directly to the leisure battery until I saw this in the manual.

Attachments

• IMG_20160208_144950998.jpg
    IMG_20160208_144950998.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 54
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You definitely don't want to attach them directly to the batteries. You need to run them through a regulator, preferably an MPPT one, first.

The connection point probably refers to your 12v system having a solar regulator built in. To use this, even if you can find it, you need to make sure that you aren't going to overload it as some of them can't handle much.

OP
OP
yorkist

yorkist

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
You definitely don't want to attach them directly to the batteries. You need to run them through a regulator, preferably an MPPT one, first.

The connection point probably refers to your 12v system having a solar regulator built in. To use this, even if you can find it, you need to make sure that you aren't going to overload it as some of them can't handle much.
Sorry Nik, I was going to connect the solar cables to a MPPT regulator first, then an inline fuse, then to the LBs. But the manual suggests that I should connect at the connector point not directly at the LB

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Is it the white unit clipped to the side wall you're referring to? May be worth unscrewing clip or does the top screw off to see what's inside unit, also does your panel have solar regulator built in as otherwise it shouldn't be connected straight to battery as their could be 21v coming out of it.
The other thing is whether that white unit is then connected to you MH power supply unit if it has an inbuilt solar regulator.
Edit: sorry I was writing and didn't see update. Still maybe worth checking the White unit out for connection or plug type required if that the solar connect point referred to,
Lance

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Sorry Nik, I was going to connect the solar cables to a MPPT regulator first, then an inline fuse, then to the LBs. But the manual suggests that I should connect at the connector point not directly at the LB

Before you need to do that you need to know how much input that connection can handle and how much you are likely to generate.

If in doubt ignore the built in connections and do what you were going to do to start with (y)

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
yorkist

yorkist

Free Member
Jan 10, 2011
Altea-Benidorm
Funster No
MH
busy researching now
Exp
sadly none yet
Thanks to Boringfrog who would have thought that it is a SURGE DAMPER I suspect I'm the only one in the entire Motorhome community who has never heard if them! But at least I now know I have one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back