Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
HI IS IT POSSIBLE TO RUN 2 TV FROM 1 HD BOX , THINKING OF CAMOS + 40cm Twin LNB. with this -the record function is not reqd. just to give me peace watching soggy Cricket while she watches endless soaps etc! Someone save me please from endless omnibus this & that Alan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
not sure but i think the twin LNB will only provide two seperate outlets for two seperate box's so you will need a second box.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Unfortunately, no:Sad:. To enable it with Sky you need Multi-room, if you want to do it without that then you could connect 2 receivers - one to each LNB.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
I HAVE HAD AN ORDINARY BOX FOR MANY YEARS , MISSED THE STEP OF SKY+ HOPED/THOUGHT THAT WHILST WATCHING ONE CHANNEL YOU RECORD ANOTHER -AND OUTPUT THAT TO ANOTHER CLOSE (OTHER SIDE OF WALL OR BATTLEMENT !) LOOKS LIKE I MAY HAVE SIGNED UP FOR CORRIE IN TECHNICOLOUR :cry:ALAN

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
You can pick up a freesat box for around £40. Connect this to the second LNB for the soaps while your HD box is receiving the cricket.

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
You can get a box for Freesat from around £20 at maplins, or get a secondhand one from Cashconvertors

OP
OP
GIBLA53

GIBLA53

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Powys/Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Compact
Exp
since 2002
JACK DUCKWORTH IN HD wins every time here ! have got used to tms. on internet theres nothing better:RollEyes:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Why two LNBs:RollEyes: just a splitter and two boxs will do it or am I missing somat here

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
HI IS IT POSSIBLE TO RUN 2 TV FROM 1 HD BOX , THINKING OF CAMOS + 40cm Twin LNB. with this -the record function is not reqd. just to give me peace watching soggy Cricket while she watches endless soaps etc! Someone save me please from endless omnibus this & that Alan

Hi. We have Sky in the lounge and when hubby wants to watch footy on Sky we have put a lead from the back on the sky box (output) and run it to the TV in the other room. We also have this system at our caravan. This means that you can watch your football in the other room via sky and the wife can watch TV, or video or freeview.

We dont want to pay extra for multiroom and this seems a cheap and excellent solution which certainly solves the problem for us.

Ginny and Mike

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
Why not change your single LNB for a quad LNB - it looks like a single LNB but has 4 outlets where you put the cables - 2 for your sky+ box and the other two can be connected to 2 other freesat/sky boxes in the house. You can buy the quad LNBs from ebay for less than £20 and are easy to fit providing you do not move the satellite dish when changing the LNBs.

Ian

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
a sky hd box requires a minimum of a twin output LNB.
it needs these two connections to allow either the recording of two channels at the same time, or the abilty to record one channels and watch another at the same time.

no matter how many TVs you try and connect to the SKy box, all RF and SCART outputs on the SKy box will output just the ONE channel / picture...that which is on the main TV screen.

if youwant the ability to watch another channels in another room, then you will need another satellite receiver (freeshat, sky, other) and a quad output LNB (2 outputs for the sky hd box and one of the remaining two for the second receiver). Obviously if you want to watvch two seperate Sky subscription (or FTV) channels then you will need a second Sky receiver and a second Sky card - either a freesatfromskycard or a sky subscription card (multiroom cards give a duplicte of your main card for only an extra £10 per month - dont think you can pass this "discounted" card off to someone else tough, as ther T&Cs of the multiroom contrract state that the card and box must be connected tot he UK phone line so Sky can locate its whereabouts and make sure it is being used in the correct location!"

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi. We have Sky in the lounge and when hubby wants to watch footy on Sky we have put a lead from the back on the sky box (output) and run it to the TV in the other room. We also have this system at our caravan. This means that you can watch your football in the other room via sky and the wife can watch TV, or video or freeview.

We dont want to pay extra for multiroom and this seems a cheap and excellent solution which certainly solves the problem for us.

Ginny and Mike

This looks like you're running either an AV or RF feed out of the Sky box to another TV while watching a second program via another receiver (the TV itself of a freeview box). What you won't be doing is watching 2 different satellite channels since there would be a conflict in LNB settings.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Why two LNBs:RollEyes: just a splitter and two boxs will do it or am I missing somat here

If you split the signal from a single LNB you'll only be able to switch the polarity on one box, the number of channels available would be restricted. You'd still need two receivers though so back to the original problem.

ronald4874

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Poole Dorset
Funster No
MH
CB 6.5 metres
Exp
About 15yrs plus early years in caravan & cruiser
Satalite

I have just bought a FREESAT box from Argos for £67 which is half the price of HUMAX. As most will know this unit will pick up HD at certain times and programmes, very good too.
I am not to sure that a FREESAT box can be bought at Maplin at anything like £67 only a FREEVIEW box. I have also a Sky box with a FREEVIEW card purchased from Sky at £15 for 3 years viewing which gives the same progs as FREEVIEW. There are a lot of Sky boxes on the market at the moment due to due to poor financial situations, I noticed at least 6 Sky boxes available at our local carboot today for about £20. Ideal for putting on a dish as opposed to a FREEVIEW which is run from a ordinary TV ariel.
If I so wish I could run the FREESAT HD box and a Sky FREEVIEW box from the same dish if I purchase a twin L&B for the existing dish.
Cheers Ron W

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back