ALL TIME FAVOURITE AIRE (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
the one in my rear view mirror..

seriously.. don't have a favourite.. they serve a purpose, don't think on them as destinations..

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
the one in my rear view mirror..

seriously.. don't have a favourite.. they serve a purpose, don't think on them as destinations..
No just curious on peeps choice ? Different strokes etc.:rolleyes:
Wondered if one particular place came out favourite, people usually have one place that they keep going back to. I know we do and it's on our must visit list every time ...on the Gironde.
Not asking the 'fly through to get to the south' brigade as they have a different criteria :ROFLMAO: , although it could still be a favourite in terms of situation to main routes etc.(y)
Thought we could perhaps make a list you never know could turn into an impromptu meet at some time:whistle:
Jude

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
St Valery en Caux .....just wish the bay's weren't so tight..... right by the harbour and a short stroll into town ....fond memories of that place
image.jpeg

Last edited:

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
I haven't been to many, but this was definitely very nice. Right on the beach, right by harbour and town. Regular market about 100 m away. There were folk surfing and a surfing type place right close by (not that I am able) about 1/4 mile away round the bay was a little sheltered bathing cove :) Probably lots of nice walking too.

You can just make out Thebus' black stripeyness on the prominence :)

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Must admit when on our travels via France we tend to stop on campsites, only because we have yet to find a nice aire, all the ones we have stopped at have not been brill and not in nice places either - we do keep trying everytime we are there but wish we could find some nice ones like we see here on Fun

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We like Bouchemaine, it is right by the river, by a very nice town. You can cycle or walk from the aire along a very nice route.

Part of a large cycle network with a great ride into Angers one way, the other route takes you along the river into countryside. You do have to pay to stay at this one.
IMG_20150424_143341.jpg

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Current favourite if we want a restful time is the Camping Amies de la Plage MH compound at Bois-Plage-en-Re, but I could name loads of others for other reasons. Anglet would be a close second.

..wish we could find some nice ones like we see here on Fun

Easy - go on campingcar-infos.com and see what French motorhomies say about them.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Oh dear, how do you pick just one?

Lovely sunny and warm ones in the south, cooler but perfectly formed ones in the north.

OK then, just one if you insist.
Cooler and sometimes raining but it has to be another vote for La Maiileraye-sur-Seine.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Louhans in the summer. Cheap as chips and has a lounge with hot showers, toilets and wifi. Lovely little wooded area too.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not the most picturesque and no facility's on site, but it always seems the holiday has started when we arrive at gravelines, go into the town and the pmu bar almost as if we are locals now, also our last stop when we have to think about coming home
image.jpeg
Fantastic.

Deleted User
Duhlac sous peyrepartuse (if I had to choose just 1)

I could list doz' of "favourites" though.

dhulac-2.jpg

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
My favourite aire (of several) would be Mortagne sur Gironde - on the marina with all facilities including WiFi -relaxing views
View attachment 92435

Nòoooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!! :lipssealed: Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh :lipssealed:
;) (y)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Couldn't pick just one. There are loads and for different reasons.

For the purposes of this the best scenery so far has probably been Nantua.
IMG_0042.jpg

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Haven't really come across a favourite yet but like the idea of everyone divulging their 'favourite aire that they cant get a space in any more'!

Thanks @Wildge

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
La Mailleraye sur Seine - just love it!

we have just arrived there, just before dark, bit of dispute between Tom Tom, me and Bev on last bit of route in:LOL::LOL:, nothing new there, but seems lovely, nobody parked on grass by river, but 6 of us in all parked on other side with nice views of river :), seems to be a free aire (so far at least), no barrier, no pay machine

Deleted User
we have just arrived there, just before dark, bit of dispute between Tom Tom, me and Bev on last bit of route in:LOL::LOL:, nothing new there, but seems lovely, nobody parked on grass by river, but 6 of us in all parked on other side with nice views of river :), seems to be a free aire (so far at least), no barrier, no pay machine

You usually get a tap on the door from the local "collector" :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We like Bouchemaine, it is right by the river, by a very nice town. You can cycle or walk from the aire along a very nice route.

Part of a large cycle network with a great ride into Angers one way, the other route takes you along the river into countryside. You do have to pay to stay at this one.View attachment 92403

could well be our second night away, thank you (y)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
La Mailleraye sur Seine will be free this time of year, we were there end Dec/beginning Jan just a few weeks ago and it was free then.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back