Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the official height of our Hymer S510 please?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Will be around 3 mtrs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
Cheers @Tootles adding another .3 - .5 ish I guess for AC unit .....how aware of bridges do I need to be -..sounds daft I know but never considered bridge heights before and seen a few pics of MH's ripped to bits under bridges recently?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Found this......

1998(S) Hymer S510 Mercedes Motor Caravan SOLD Engine: Diesel Gearbox: Automatic Capacity: 2800cc Mileage: 36,015 Width: 1933mm JC Leisure Strand Garage (A259) Winchelsea East Sussex, TN36 4JT SERVICE HISTORY CD PLAYER A Class Hymer with Large Drop Down Bed, Single Bed Settee, Swivel Front Seats, Captains Chair in Rear with 3 Point Seat Belt, Rear Kitchen with 3 Burner Hob, Sink/Drainer, 3-Way Fridge, Corner Washroom with Cassette Toilet, Shower, Hand Basin, Leisure Battery, Mains Hook Up, Power Management System, Hot Water, Heating, Flyscreens, Blinds, Wardrobe, Sunblind, Hymer Bike Rack, Electric Step, Air Suspension Height: 9', Length: 19', Width: 7'6"

So if you call it three mtrs, (9'9"), and then reckon it ten feet overall, your cooking. (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I would add a bit then round it up to be 'safe', but I would also try a tape measure o_O

We have a dymo label in ours with the height on, we have rounded up to 3.33m to allow for our sat dome but also translated to 11' as virtually all bridges are still quoted in feet not metres, we have already had to do a multi point turn twice at low bridges that Tom Tom didn't pick up

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
.....how aware of bridges do I need to be -..sounds daft I know but never considered bridge heights before

You also need to consider if the road is level or on a slant, or if the bridge has arches let alone anything that you have mounted on the top of the van. I give a foot clearance, you never know if the height restriction signs are accurate or not. :happy:

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks guys....... @DavidG58 .....bridges your Tom Tom has not picked up ....im just using here maps or google maps on my phone for nav. ....do you have a specific tom tom giving you bridge heights?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Our cheepo Chinese special seems to give us them all, and plays hell if the route chosen contains a bridge lower then the entered figure.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Our cheepo Chinese special seems to give us them all, and plays hell if the route chosen contains a bridge lower then the entered figure.
Wot 'e sed thirty'ish quid on Fleabay (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Diesel

Diesel

Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
Just found a truck GPS nav for android which allows you too enter vehicle data and with downloadable maps too ..."Truck GPS Navigation by Aponia" downloading now.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
my kinda price - thanks @Tootles (y)
Had ours for three years now, it's been brill. Used it all over the country. Plays Holy Hell if you try to use a road even with a low bridge weight limit thats under your truck. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back