concorde charisma (1 Viewer)

J

johnandcarol

Deleted User
Does anyone fulltime in one of these units, we aqre a bit keen on them, but would lke some first hand exerencei if possible. Thanks.

robandwendy

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
SOUTHAMPTON
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YEARS
full-timing in a Concorde Charisma

I am lucky enough to own one of thes superb vehicles. I spend a lot of time travelling in it but not full time. However, I would say these vehicles would be ideal. Very well constructed and well kitted out. Ours has Alde wet central heating, air con in the front and back, sat tv, large LPG tank, solar panels, built in genny so in my opinion would be the perfect full timers vehicle. Go on give one a go.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Does anyone fulltime in one of these units, we aqre a bit keen on them, but would lke some first hand exerencei if possible. Thanks.

Hi

Main thing to check is payload.. as fulltimers need a lot, much more than holiday makers..

I believe, it's only about 890kg on the Iveco Chassis, but it can be upgraded .. best to check.

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

johnandcarol

Deleted User
You are right Jim, we were looking at one on an MAN, and it had been downrated at manufacture, but is easily uprated when needed. Like you said, I THINK, it gives a really silly payload as is, but uprated could give over a ton more.....but only if you have aHGv license.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Buggyboy

Deleted User
Just back from holiday in France and met several full timers in these vehicles. They are a nice piece of kit but then every van has at least one or two things that are not ideal which every owner likes to point out.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Every Van

Just back from holiday in France and met several full timers in these vehicles. They are a nice piece of kit but then every van has at least one or two things that are not ideal which every owner likes to point out.

Ours has not a one!

Shore-is-Good

Free Member
Aug 26, 2008
Somewhere warm
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Have a 2007 Charisma on Iveco Daily chassis uprated to 6750 kg so no HGV licence required. Payload is about 1,550 kg from memory (van is in UK, I'm in sunny Florida so can't refer to my docs. for exact figures). I don't full time but nearly always spend a minimum of 10 weeks on the Continent, twice a year plus several long trips in the UK.

I have no regrets buying it from new. It's a wonderful piece of kit.
I tested the MAN based chassis and whilst it is more rufty-tufty (truck-like), I found the ride to be quite agricultural compared to the refined feeling of the Iveco. The MAN will do 2 million miles; the Iveco maybe a million without a major overhall!! Since I'll probably do only a fraction of that during my lifetime I chose the Iveco.

I've had it re-mapped and it makes a huge difference. Well worth the extra circa 1000 Euros.

The hab. has all the bells and whistles and, if there is one thing my wife and I could NOT live without, it is the SOG (roof vented).:thumb:

Another oft-used extra, well worth the investment, is the hydraulic levellers. You can be on-site and level within minutes!

If I chose to full-time it would be in one of these.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Stop messing around and buy an RV. :Eeek::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Scotjimland has a nice one for sale that has been well tested for Fulltiming in!!!:winky:

crindle

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Concorde Charisma.

Hi all, particularly you guy's full timing in Concorde's. We don't full time maybe some 60/80 night's per annum in the UK. After 12 years on American RV's the overall vehicle thermal qualities together with the Alde wet heating system we find absolutely marvelous, the best yet. Our query centre's on the Tecma maserator toilet, a first for us. What is the best regime for managing these ? Can chemicals be used ? We do get a slight smell from ours, is this normal ? .....Look forward to any comment.......regards........Crindle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back