nigglynelly

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hello, I am new to motorhoming and although I have had several holidays in them I have never owned one. Some time ago I decided I would buy one and after quite a bit of research the model that best fitted my requirements and that I really liked was the Hobby van exclusive.
However in the process of trying to get as much information as I can I have read several worrying articles which refer to cracked shower trays and paint problems in other Hobby models. This has curbed my enthusiuasm considerably and I don't know if these defects have been rectified in more recent models so any opinions or advice from owners of these vans would be most welcome.
Thanks

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Hi Nelly and welcome to the best motorhome site on the web, I'm sure other funsters have Hobby's they could share with you to help your decision making :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hello, and welcome to the forum:)

I have a Hobby 600FM, 2006. I have been 'camping' for 20 years or more, and have owned several vans, and I can say, with conviction, that the Hobby is the best I have ever owned.

Paint problems are not an issue with me. The van looks as good now as when it was new, and I have no reason to suspect that the paint will deteriorate any sooner than that of any other brand. Nor do I have any problems with the shower tray, and I weigh 20 stone:Eeek:

The problem with forums such as this, is that owners who are happy with their van seldom say so, but those with problems do, and as a result, you are much more likely to read of such issues.

I would say that Hobby are amongst the top 3 brands with regard to quality. The fixtures, fittings and cabinetry are the best I have ever experienced, bar none, though I have to admit that I have never owned a Hymer or N and B.

Resale prices reflect the quality of these vehicles... They are not cheap, and this reflects their desireability.

Good luck in finding the van of your dreams!

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Nigglynelly WELCOME :thumb:

Can't help with Hobby as have never owned one, but believe to be good vans

Dave

Upvote 0

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
savantuk is happy and I am too - although mine is a different model being a cabover with a second double bed at the back.

Yes, some of the feature striping around the bottom is plastic film but I don't see that as a disadvantage anyway. Mine is a little worse for wear underneath even though it is only two years old, but I challenge anyone to take any vehicle where this one has gone and come through unscathed. Along road 35 across Iceland - all gravel and corrugations, many other unsealed roads in Iceland and a lot of km of some of the worst roads in Morocco trafficable to a front wheel drive MH.

Worst damage though happened on painfully-narrow roads in the UK. One very narrow one in scotland bordered by jagged rock walls and another one in the main street of a small village had been blocked by someone parking on double yellows.

I'd buy another one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nigglynelly

nigglynelly

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you all for replying and being so friendly and welcoming. It is good to hear about your positive experiences and I feel more reassured about my choice. :Smile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back