wild camping and water refill (1 Viewer)

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
After a few tips on finding a tap to fill up the water tank when wild camping.

where do you fill up from, do you call it at camp sites and ask to use the water tap to fill up with.

or do garages help out?

lost on any other options being a novice still what do you do!!!!!!!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cemetry ,parks ,garages ,the best bet is only fill say a 20 litre container. keep your eyes open never miss an oportunity but dont be greedy. most public toilets in uk have drinking water at the taps. carry a short length of hose with a push on fitting for hand basin use.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
After a few tips on finding a tap to fill up the water tank when wild camping.

where do you fill up from, do you call it at camp sites and ask to use the water tap to fill up with.

or do garages help out?

lost on any other options being a novice still what do you do!!!!!!!

As we use our MH very little in the UK and spend most of the year in France, Spain and Portugal what we do may not be practial for the UK,

On the back of our bikes we have plastic box's that can hold 2 X 5ltr water bottles, on shower days we use 20ltr's per day and on non shower days we use 10 ltr's per day. This means that collecting the water is not a problem. We never have to fill the tank as it never gets empty.

The kind of places we get the water from is:... puplic taps, markets were we shop, friends homes. getting water has never been a problem.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Out of 16 countries, the only place where we had to make special efforts to get water was the southern half of the UK. There we asked before we filled up with fuel. No tap or refusal meant no fuel purchased

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Out of 16 countries, the only place where we had to make special efforts to get water was the southern half of the UK. There we asked before we filled up with fuel. No tap or refusal meant no fuel purchased

Just struck me. Was refusal perhaps linked to the fact that the supply was metered - and, thus, an extra cost to the business concerned?

Our window cleaner always fills his buckets from our outside tap. At the moment it is not metered but I wouldn't dream of stoping him even if it ever becomes metered. Might be a significant cost to a business though if several people started taking several gallons.

Graham

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i think you could be right about cost to garage . its their choice sell fuel or lose a sale .you get alot of water for the price of 1 litre of fuel. i think regular small fills are better than waiting for the tank to empty . even in a small village shop take a 10litre/5 lt container when you buy bread ,never been refused if its only a small container.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i use a similar one by royal doulton supposed to be able to recycle your own water,waste not want not. i have not tried it for that yet .any one like to have a drink of water?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cemetry ,parks ,garages ,the best bet is only fill say a 20 litre container. keep your eyes open never miss an oportunity but dont be greedy. most public toilets in uk have drinking water at the taps. carry a short length of hose with a push on fitting for hand basin use.

Surprised no one has mentioned... Cemeterys .. always a tap at the gate .. :thumb:

should have gone to specsavers Jim:Doh:::bigsmile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back