Windows 10 AAARRRRRGGGHHH (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
been fine for several weeks and over the weekend decided to fully make the change away from Win 7 ; so basically transferred everything to win 10 and thought onward and upwards!!!

today

Start menu button wont work, cant access diddly squat through the apps, only by going around the houses to files. cant access email or calendar etc.

tried all the recommended fixes in all of the shapes and all of the sizes and now i need a stiff drink.

still does not work;;;

anyone had the same problem it just seemed to happen or not ( you know what i mean )

AAArRRGGG

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I wont download/upgrade until I really have to.....which will be if I need a new laptop/pc in the future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
been great till today the just out of the blue (( no no i dont mean blue, please not that toooo :eek: ) no start button access.
seems to be a lot of it about when you look for a solution on tinterweb.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I had problems with email app, suddenly wouldn't let me access live mail or gmail. Lots of conversations with Microsoft helpline - they couldn't sort it so downloaded Mailbird which works fine.

Seriously thinking about getting an iMac, much preferred 7, 10 is not working well for me.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I will wait until, at least, Windows 10 Service Pack 1 is released. I am still using Windows 7 and even XP on one machine ;)

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
been fine for several weeks and over the weekend decided to fully make the change away from Win 7 ; so basically transferred everything to win 10 and thought onward and upwards!!!

today

Start menu button wont work, cant access diddly squat through the apps, only by going around the houses to files. cant access email or calendar etc.

tried all the recommended fixes in all of the shapes and all of the sizes and now i need a stiff drink.

still does not work;;;

anyone had the same problem it just seemed to happen or not ( you know what i mean )

AAArRRGGG
I feel your pain, I had a similar experience. You may still have the option to roll back to Win7.

Seriously thinking about getting an iMac, much preferred 7, 10 is not working well for me.

That's what I did, haven't regretted it one bit.

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Windows XP for me - unsupported or not!! Windows 7 was a nightmare and now I'm a convert to my Macbook Air running Virtual Box and Windows XP for the one program I have to run on Windows.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I'm still running XP, but considering upgrading via Windows 7 which is an option on this machine. Unfortunately my techie is not impressed with 10 and wants me to carry on with XP. Currys are still using XP on their till system I recently discovered...

?

Deleted User

today

still does not work;;;

AAArRRGGG

I get this now and then as 10 and my Inspiron 1545 dont seem to get in. Graphics driver i think. Anyway a reboot tend to fix the problem but dont use the power button. Hit the windows key and up down arrows to get to power and again to close down or reboot. Yeh i should not have to but this is an old laptop and not my main one. You lot who are on XP and to scared to change. No mater what your excuse is people said it all before from win98, 98se, ME but still moved on. Embrace change man just embrace change :D

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

I've had it but I had my in house IT consultant cure it (my youngest son)
There is a fix on Google but it didn't seem that simple to me:oops2:

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I get this now and then as 10 and my Inspiron 1545 dont seem to get in. Graphics driver i think. Anyway a reboot tend to fix the problem but dont use the power button. Hit the windows key and up down arrows to get to power and again to close down or reboot. Yeh i should not have to but this is an old laptop and not my main one. You lot who are on XP and to scared to change. No mater what your excuse is people said it all before from win98, 98se, ME but still moved on. Embrace change man just embrace change :D

interesting i have a Inspiron 1564 i have tried everything that google can suggest and still zilch...

i cant seem to go back to windows 7 as its been more than 2 months since i "UPGRADE"!!!
i am about to do a system restore and then a possible reboot of the windows 10 instal.

the frustrating thing is the tinterweb including microsoft's web site is littered with this problem since july last year so why has there not been an update to fix it!!

?

Deleted User
interesting i have a Inspiron 1564 i have tried everything that google can suggest and still zilch...

i cant seem to go back to windows 7 as its been more than 2 months since i "UPGRADE"!!!
i am about to do a system restore and then a possible reboot of the windows 10 instal.

the frustrating thing is the tinterweb including microsoft's web site is littered with this problem since july last year so why has there not been an update to fix it!!
You not got a 7 disk? what about a 7 hidden partition on the HDD as i had one build in from dell. Since wiped it but i have a disk if i wanted to roll back. Never did this but put your key in this link and see if it gives you the iso and failing that try the torrents but dont download a cracked version.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
well i have resisted the temptation to do anything Physically drastic to my laptop..:rolleyes:
even more important
i have resisted @Jim tempting help to change stables to a Macbook :cautious:

so i have done a system restore back to 1 feb and all looks well. thAT

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
tHAT IS UNTIL THE UPDATE COMES BACK AND CATCHES ME AGAIN....(n)

I hope it was something other than an update bug and that it was as simple as allowing my 14 year old Grandson access to my laptop....

time will tell; i hope thats the last of it and its upward and onward. :pray:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Never had a problem I could not resolve with Windows.
Once bought top of the range Toshiba, before buying looked at Apple!
Same processor, same hard drive, same memory, same graphics......twice the price for an Apple logo!
No thanks tis a rip off!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I had problems with email app, suddenly wouldn't let me access live mail or gmail. Lots of conversations with Microsoft helpline - they couldn't sort it so downloaded Mailbird which works fine.

Youre lucky they hung up on me when i tried to get help for the same problem, only happened since i cleared my history, but think there was an update round the same time, so could have been either. John is having no problems, but he is on AOL mail.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back