Advice needed (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We have just purchased our first MH, Burstner Ixeo. very excited. Done the hard bit, now what to buy next? do we need levellers, windscreen cover, security devices, safe, the list is seems endless, any suggestions as to where to start?
Thanks.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
First of all

welcome dance.jpg

Security is a must as after spending all your money as you don't want your pride and joy stolen.

Screen covers come up for sale second hand on the classifieds here quite often (you need to be a paid member to access that part of the site) as does a lot of other good stuff. windscreen covers are probably a very good investment as they will keep your motorhome warmer in winter and cooler in summer.

After that I would use the vehicle for a while and see what you need. Keep a pen and pad handy to jot things down :)

Upvote 0

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
:hiya2: and welcome
Best advice for anyone starting - believe me i have only just started myself is to use you MH as much as poss in all different locations and situations and just see what you could have done with. A few get you started are a Defo for the levellers and electric hook up if you intend to use it and fresh water hose to top up tank. Highly desirable windscreen covers - cool in summer and warm in winter. All the rest just fall into place. Most essential item ever - Kettle and mugs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Agree with Puddleduck good quality alarm a must then take your time with anything else.
Which model have you bought we had ixeo time and now waiting for delivery of the new ixeo with electric drop down bed
Enjoy enjoy enjoy:roflmto::roflmto:

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I would fit a safe - it's the only security aid I think is essential. Whether you fit an alarm is entirely up to you. If you feel you need one, then get one.

Everything else fits into one of these categories :

1. Unnecessary
2. A nice to have
or
3. A white elephant luxury

But few will agree what goes where so I can only suggest you get some trips under your belt and decide what you really need and what you can do without.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Do we need a particular length hosepipe for the water tank?
We've something like this though we paid half this price.
http://www.yachtchandlers.co.uk/aca...Hose-Reel-Marine-Grade-20-meters-ES35560.html
The disadvantage of this type is you have to unroll it all even if the tap is next to the MH! If you've room to store a second hose a conventional garden hose about ten or twelve feet long will fit the majority of situations.

For fittings you need a selection of Hozelock thingies.

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Enjoy your new purchase the exciting part begins here. I am sure all 3 of you will take to the open road and have lots of fun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi. If you are not worried about having "food grade" hose pipes then a good buy is the Xhose, or the lidl equivalent. Very lightweight, coils up into no space at all, expands to three times it's own length when under pressure, almost empties itself when you turn off the tap. Comes in different lengths and can be connected together for really long runs. Along with different tap connectors it works a treat for us.... And for smaller, quick top up then get a 10 Ltr watering can. :happy:

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
wELCOME. Great van. I have the Burstner t680.

Security first before you fill it up with anything at all.. Then anything that will help with storage in the limited cupboard space.. then chairs ..lightweight is important.

Upvote 0

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We have just purchased our first MH, Burstner Ixeo. very excited. Done the hard bit, now what to buy next? do we need levellers, windscreen cover, security devices, safe, the list is seems endless, any suggestions as to where to start?
Thanks.
A sub to MHF asap..................

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
You bugger!:WelcomeFlag:

That's the van that convinced me I wanted a Burstner. They were new at the time and couldn't justify £50k on our first van.

Still hanker after one now, although we now have a 2012 T660 that is a direct copy.

This is our second Burstner and will happily buy another one. The layout is perfect for us two, although if you ever find how to assemble the second bed let me know!

I would recommend fitting parking sensors - its longer than you think. A camera is not good enough IMHO.

I have fitted an inverter to the socket in the TV cabinet so we have 240V available for a big TV and sound bar.

I would suggest you buy some pots and take a trip, you learn what you need as you go. Your needs will be determined by how you use it. We wild camp a lot so we need to be self sufficient

Don't fall into the trap of carrying loads of gear 'just in case' For instance I have carried a set of levelers for 3 years and had to use them once.

I have fitted the safe at the back of the cupboard under the bed, with two bolts into the outside locker and wood screws to the floor.

Get in touch if you want any more specific info.

Alex

Upvote 0

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Shouldn't that be "Bottle if wine and glasses" and comfy chair to enjoy it in.
No No No Got to have a kettle and mug to aid sobering up before the last day of hols , ok and wines & glasses then

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
What you really need, most of all is to get out and have a few trips in her. Take note of each time you say "Dammit, I really wish we had xxxxxx", then go and buy xxxxxx (please insert unnecessary gadget name where I put the x's) :D

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back