DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've had one published too - the nice people sent me a cheque as well. Can't remember how much it was but it was enough for several beers! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Me too.

I was also lucky enough to be back on the French Campsite when the owner told me a visitor had showed him my site report as the reason he had come.

The owner sent him round to me and we had a few beers.

Even better, the owner treated Mrs Maison and I to a free meal in the restaurant as he was so pleased for the free publicity.

Vive La France!:france:
Vive MMM. :party:

Congratulations @Viennese

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I am now a published author!! See my review of Holme Valley Campsite in latest MMM!! I sent it in last June so they should be congratulated for publishing so promptly!
Yes read it yesterday ! Well done!

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Well done Viennese!

I had a clear out of my old MMM magazines a few weeks ago, foolishly throwing away the one with my review of C&CC Thetford Forest in it. I think it was the November 2014 issue, got the princely sum of £40 for it.

Paul

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Well done, Viennese. We haven't received our MMM yet but will look through it with interest when it arrives.

We had a weird experience about five and a half years ago. We took out a postal subscription to the MMM and replied to an advert in it, which resulted in us buying our trusty Talbot. For our first trip we booked into the Hebden Bridge Caravan Club site, which we had seen in the Caravan Club book. We had a lovely time.

When we returned home the latest issue of MMM was waiting for us. Browsing through it we were surprised to see a review of the very same site that we had just stayed at. Then our jaws dropped because the accompanying photograph showed OUR van. It seems that the previous owner had also visited the site and sent in a review. Spooky!

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I've had one published too - the nice people sent me a cheque as well. Can't remember how much it was but it was enough for several beers! :)
Haven't got the cheque yet!!

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Well done, Viennese. We haven't received our MMM yet but will look through it with interest when it arrives.

We had a weird experience about five and a half years ago. We took out a postal subscription to the MMM and replied to an advert in it, which resulted in us buying our trusty Talbot. For our first trip we booked into the Hebden Bridge Caravan Club site, which we had seen in the Caravan Club book. We had a lovely time.

When we returned home the latest issue of MMM was waiting for us. Browsing through it we were surprised to see a review of the very same site that we had just stayed at. Then our jaws dropped because the accompanying photograph showed OUR van. It seems that the previous owner had also visited the site and sent in a review. Spooky!
Yes, definitely spooky!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am now a published author!! See my review of Holme Valley Campsite in latest MMM!! I sent it in last June so they should be congratulated for publishing so promptly!

"Nice toilets but the grass needs cutting"

I think they had trouble finding the space.

Congratulations.

OP
OP
Viennese
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Were at Holme Valley near Homfirth now hope it was a good review(y)
Yes it was good - I have been there several times now. As a native of nearby Huddersfield it's a bit like home in that area. I used to ride horses around there in my youth.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well done:)
Guessing this is the March issue?......I still haven't finished Feb yet:LOL:

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years

"Da dawn Bach" don't be too hard on poor MMM perhaps the late response was due to Zero Hours contract labour courtesy of EU membership :rollingeyes: :rollingeyes: :rollingeyes: with a bit of luck and a fair wind things will be back to normal after the 23rd June :reel:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nice one! (y)(y)(y)

I was asked to do a review on a certain motorhome parts supplier not that far from me by the then editor of the Mart mag ... apparently he'd read my postings on threads on their forum and liked my overall style! I think I got £80! (y)

I was asked to do another but unfortunately I couldn't as it was 2 days before we were due to go on holiday abroad for 3 weeks and the company to be reviewed was about 2 hours away from me! :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back