Chamois Leathers on sale at Halfords (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They're doing genuine chamois leathers at £1 for small and £3 for XXL but you've gotta find a store that has them in stock!

We've just got 1 XXL from one store and have reserved some others at another so are going to pick them up quickish!

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

If you do managed to 'reserve' them on line ring the store straight away as they have to remove them from the shop floor and therefore others can pick them up in the meantime!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
NOOOOOOOOOOO.. not a Chamois .. :eek:

Microfibre cloths are far softer and less risk of scratching

wait till @Charlie reads this.. :LOL:

ha ha Mike pipped me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I have for several years bought and used Halfords own microfiber Towel for drying off, that is after I use my silicone hand squeeze to remove the water rinse off the body...cant remember the last time I used a chamois leather

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
"Calm down dears" hubby just wants them for the windows at home!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
For those that are thinking " Nowt wrong with Chammys me dad used them and so do I "

Things have moved on.... We no longer have paint that is as durable as it once was. Paint on modern cars is pretty much all synthetic or water based and is so much softer than the old and now outdated automotive paints of years gone by .

Chammys can as Mike says above retain grit or particles that can marr the soft surface but in addition to this its how hard even the top quality leathers can become in a very short time. They then marr and swirl our modern paints and ruin the delicate finishes... (n)

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Bought 3 large "Kent" drying m/f towels from B&Q best ever for drying cars or whatever, even bodies!!!
Only £4 each, seen them since even cheaper in the Range, only £3.99....... bugger!!

Cheers, Dave(y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
what happened to his Karcher window cleaning vacuum thingy ... :whistle:
That's for the inside, he uses chamois outside as he cleans the window surrounds/sills at the same time ... can't do that with the Karcher!

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Asda often have offers on microfibre drying towels I also use these on my windows fascias barge boards etc only thing a chamois is good for is a Tarzen costume :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back