For those who have lost confidence in Cycling (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Saw these today..I have been recommending this type of thing for those that either because of age or just loosing confidence starting a bike going loose motivitation. far better then a trike IMO which are pigs to carry and in traffic....

http://www.ez-trainer.com/?s=adult&l=en

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Great idea. And as you say, a trike is a pigs bum to transport. (y)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Great idea. And as you say, a trike is a pigs bum to transport. (y)

These sort of adult stabilizers have been available for a while..I often recommend them but these look much better. They are sprung, easily detachable and look the business

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
These sort of adult stabilizers have been available for a while..I often recommend them but these look much better. They are sprung, easily detachable and look the business
Been looking at this problem for a while, JM. Alison is not very good on two wheels, but would love to cycle more. If only they made a trike with folding rear wheels, (that come together so you could get it on a bike rack).

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
available

Interesting, but for standard 24, 26, 28, wheels, would be very interested in a set for 20" wheels ! I have a leccy folder for Mrs Moo. No it doesn't have a Bosch pedal drive. Mrs Moo is a bit more grown up/out (shhh!) than the average kiddy so would need to be fairly robust to instill confidence. I will try googling but if you know of a source I'd be grateful :)

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Interesting, but for standard 24, 26, 28, wheels, would be very interested in a set for 20" wheels ! I have a leccy folder for Mrs Moo. No it doesn't have a Bosch pedal drive. Mrs Moo is a bit more grown up/out (shhh!) than the average kiddy so would need to be fairly robust to instill confidence. I will try googling but if you know of a source I'd be grateful :)

You select adult or children's for front page of link....have a look at the childrens they may have something suitable. Or email them?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We have a set for my wife's electric bike after she fell off it and broke her arm. Our bikes also have 20" wheels and they don't sell a kit for that small in the UK. However they do make it and sell it in Canada (where they are based) and the USA. I bought one in the summer when we were over visiting our daughter and brought it back with us. The children's ones will not be strong enough I suspect

I fitted it to the bike, but it was bloody useless - the rear wheel just kept spinning because it did not have enough grip. And it also made the bike unridable because it was pulling to the left all the time. After contacting them it turned out they had sent me the wrong one with wheels that were too big. They sent us new smaller wheels while we were over in the USA for Christmas, but I have not had a chance to fit them and try them out yet.

They are well enough made, but they are not cheap. From memory ours cost $200 (US).

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
My lack of confidence, in UK, is more due to inconsiderate road users and dangerous cycle paths than lack of balance.
Did find when I was getting my electric bike that I couldn't balance on one with small wheels, kept falling off or getting wobbly. standard AS bike fitted the bill.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We have a set for my wife's electric bike after she fell off it and broke her arm. Our bikes also have 20" wheels and they don't sell a kit for that small in the UK. However they do make it and sell it in Canada (where they are based) and the USA. I bought one in the summer when we were over visiting our daughter and brought it back with us. The children's ones will not be strong enough I suspect

I fitted it to the bike, but it was bloody useless - the rear wheel just kept spinning because it did not have enough grip. And it also made the bike unridable because it was pulling to the left all the time. After contacting them it turned out they had sent me the wrong one with wheels that were too big. They sent us new smaller wheels while we were over in the USA for Christmas, but I have not had a chance to fit them and try them out yet.

They are well enough made, but they are not cheap. From memory ours cost $200 (US).

difference being the ones in my ink are sprung so cant see there being a problem with traction? (unlike kids fixed ones)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
difference being the ones in my ink are sprung so cant see there being a problem with traction? (unlike kids fixed ones)
Eddie, I got the ones in your link. The "suspension" is minimal in reality. And the problem was that the wheels were too big so the bike's wheel hardly touched the ground, even when I sat on the bike and "spread" the suspension.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
great idea but a bit pricey at ÂŁ179 available on e bay(y)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Fantastic Eddie.. I've been waiting for something like this for most of my life... The last time I rode a bike was back in the 80's but I needed the help of a small willing nephew...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Captions most welcome..:ROFLMAO:

image.jpeg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I would feel so silly if one of my mates saw me with those on my bike but i would think to some they would give them confidence,,,,BUSBY.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
My wife had an electric trike (Batribike) delivered today. She lost her confidence when she fell off on the towpath of the Kennett and Avon canal and only missed the water by the width of the nettle patch she fell into! So far she has only gone round the block but is delighted. It will fit in the m/h garage but I think my ebike will now need a bike rack. Tomorrow we find out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back