Paint your wagon? (1 Viewer)

Chani

Free Member
Mar 26, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
As the majority of motorhomes appear to come in any colour as long as it's white, I was wondering whether people ever 'decorate' (eg. custom paint job or vehicle wrap) the exterior of their m/h, or whether that's simply not the done thing!? hardhat

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They wrap them in the States:Smile:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc9F208BLqU[/ame]

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I wonder if they do "garden scenes" that would stop my niebours moaning about the "horse box lookalike" parked on my drive:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As the majority of motorhomes appear to come in any colour as long as it's white, I was wondering whether people ever 'decorate' (eg. custom paint job or vehicle wrap) the exterior of their m/h, or whether that's simply not the done thing!? hardhat

Well with that avatar I really hope I never see one that you attempt.

But why not, the only serious problem is value - it's unlikely you'll find someone of similar taste, no metter how you decorate it, so you will greatly devalue your MH .

OP
OP
Chani

Chani

Free Member
Mar 26, 2009
Somerset
Funster No
Well with that avatar I really hope I never see one that you attempt.

But why not, the only serious problem is value - it's unlikely you'll find someone of similar taste, no metter how you decorate it, so you will greatly devalue your MH .

Yes I expect it will, but I believe you can remove a wrap, so as long as you can get the original decals you could put it back to its original configuration.

It was also more of a general question. I've never seen any done so was wondering if I'd missed them or it just doesn't happen.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It was also more of a general question. I've never seen any done so was wondering if I'd missed them or it just doesn't happen.

Oh it does - we bought one decorated with palm trees. At first it looked fun, then plain daft and you would not believe how long it took me to get them off and the marks are still there where uncovered paint has aged more than the covered.

I've seen large printed vinyl sheets used. I've seen RVs covered in paintings of American Indians.

You get just about *anything* on old VW campers, I think it depends what drugs they were on at the time. Cool Man.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back