Dogs to be chipped by law from 6th April, up to £500 fine. (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
I was walking past out local community center last year and happen to see a sign saying free dog chipping today. Rocked up and was in luck. Done and registered for free. No need to be on the dole or any other benefit but worth an ask at your local PDSA or whatever is in your area.

BTW. Another vote for the kids but one further. Put a bloody tracking device in as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
I wonder how many people have their dogs chipped but have never thought to update their contact details if/when required.

Little chance of getting into trouble though, not really going to be policed unless the dog gets up to no good.

?

Deleted User
Little chance of getting into trouble though, not really going to be policed unless the dog gets up to no good.

It may make the little ned wanting a staffie think twice as he will have to pay for the chip. Thats a bottle of buckie man, sod that.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I wonder how many people have their dogs chipped but have never thought to update their contact details if/when required.

I caught a dog running over chantry bridge in Wakefield. Middle of all the traffic. Took me 1/2 hour to catch it , little sh!t haha talk about stopping traffic !
I managed to get him. Fasten him with my belt and get him in my car. When I took him to my vets they scanned him. No one at his recorded address knew of him(n). I took him home. Thinking he'd be a new addition to our family, growing attached by the minute. :unsure:
Our eldest looked on various sites. ( we don't do face book etc ) He found him, he'd been missing 3 days. Nails worn right down with running. Very thin.Turns out they'd moved twice since having him chipped ! DOH!! Not renewed the details on the microchip.o_O
Poor little thing was a house dog ? :cry: Never went out. Was scared of everything.
They wanted me to take him to their flat ?:mad: Cheek !
I didn't. They got a taxi to our house . Little thing was do pleased to see them it wet itself. With excitement .
I on the other hand :cry:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
About time too. I knew it was coming but I hadn't heard about 6th April.

Responsible breeders and rescue centres have been chipping puppies/dogs before they let them go for quite a while.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I caught a dog running over chantry bridge in Wakefield. Middle of all the traffic. Took me 1/2 hour to catch it , little sh!t haha talk about stopping traffic !
I managed to get him. Fasten him with my belt and get him in my car. When I took him to my vets they scanned him. No one at his recorded address knew of him(n). I took him home. Thinking he'd be a new addition to our family, growing attached by the minute. :unsure:
Our eldest looked on various sites. ( we don't do face book etc ) He found him, he'd been missing 3 days. Nails worn right down with running. Very thin.Turns out they'd moved twice since having him chipped ! DOH!! Not renewed the details on the microchip.o_O
Poor little thing was a house dog ? :cry: Never went out. Was scared of everything.
They wanted me to take him to their flat ?:mad: Cheek !
I didn't. They got a taxi to our house . Little thing was do pleased to see them it wet itself. With excitement .
I on the other hand :cry:

Good on you Bev! (Take it that it was you:))....cheek of some folk though:mad:
......Im sure something will turn up:D

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
They also need to do everyone entering the country and their finger prints like they do when entering the USA
Only becomes a problem when a Government decides to prevent everyone with a certain gene from breeding, or living here, or living at all. Why do people assume we'll always have a benevolent Government? Look not too far into the past to see what happened in a country not far from here without that information being on a database.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I wasn't aware of this so thought it worth a mention.

Saw a poster in vets today. It says you can be fined even iff the dog is chipped but your details have not been updated, change of address etc.
I don't have a dog, but was aware, not before time.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
have known about this since it was first passed into law. I know, because we campaigned for this as a rescue organisation over several years. we would also like to see dog licences and breeding licences introduced too.
responsible owners already and sensibly have their pets microchipped. its not just for identifying trouble dogs that roam, its hugely important to return a lost or stolen pet home. best result I ever had was getting a dog back to his home before the owner knew he was missing, they had been at work. and the longest was a dog stolen from a car returned to its owner 7 years later when found wandering around in a town 70 miles away from home

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back