What`s the difference ? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Reading @ianthebuilder and his thread regarding awning mis-adventures, it seems he`s been told his awning is a canopy ?
I thought I had an awning, but maybe I have a canopy as well, so what is the difference ?
Or is it the same thing by another name

TIA

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Canopy is the wind out bit. Awning is freestanding or fixes to canopy to make a room.
MY UNDERSTANDING OF IT.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Gets confusing when you book a club site and they ask if you need a pitch for an awning. :confused:
I say no, an awning to me is something that needs pegging out all the way round so would really be better on grass.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Badknee In the eyes of the Caravan Club a canopy does constitute an awning - I fell foul of their ruling once when winding my canopy out only to be told I was on a none awning pitch!!!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
@Badknee In the eyes of the Caravan Club a canopy does constitute an awning - I fell foul of their ruling once when winding my canopy out only to be told I was on a none awning pitch!!!
Thanks for that Carol, we don't use CC sites so that's ok. I'll start calling it a sun shade then oh, or a rain shade and see what reaction that gets. (y):LOL:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs

Ive always wondered what difference it makes on a campsite. Does anyone know why CC and C&CC ask if you intend using an awning if they just mean the wound out part?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Hollyberry, sometimes it is down to the size of the pitch, they are rather precious that you don't peg anything outside of your defined space. On other occasions it is down to the view - MH with awnings are not permitted in the 'front row' of a few sites so as not to impede the spectacular views for those behind.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back