Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. at the moment i have 2 dax. better as carries 2 adults per bike. i have a 90cc easy rider n a 110cc lifan skygo. both can carry 2 17/18 stone large children. though could be overloaded. great for plying around on ,take it slowly good for 10 ml shopping trips n sightseeing. hadthe easy rider 9yrs fits in boot of trailer easy been up mountains cross beaches ideal for campers. had a few monkeys as well butnot so usefull as only carry 1 person .try to get them inside if poss its a hard life for a bike on the back of a camper. i have maily had chinese they are ok for the money but need abit of care . have fun ,i do

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I use my bike for shopping and touring. You wont get much shopping on a monkey bike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

winchman

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Funster No
I have got 4 monkey bikes 3 honda and one chinese
thattoheathmountainrescue

Some of the chinses stuff is just rubbish and shouldnt be on the road, if you look at the link above you will see two links, I have bought stuff from both of these and it is good quality, The monkey spares link isnt working? but he sells some very good Jingchen bikes.
If you want one I would go on the forum here
http://www.monkeyrun.co.uk/
Most of the people are in to tuning them so often sell standard bits and bikes cheaply, I have found them very helpful and even found a member living around the corner which is handy. The Honda bikes do sell for silly money but I have seen several good chinese ones for the £500 mark, Imanaged to buy 3 Hondas and the most I paid was £150 but they all needed work, but they are simple to repair, bits are all available and cheap.

winchman

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Funster No
You can buy all the bits here
Link Removed
Not cheap but quality is good.
They sell Sky Team and Jingchen which are the best two chinese ones, but if you look on Ebay you may find them cheaper but look at the warrenty they offer and compare if its built up and ran or delivered in a box for you to assemble.

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
:thumb:looking to get a monkey motorbike to put in are van .any one use one and any advise on them good or bad

Here's an expert using his.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67QFoOEC74Q]YouTube - Monkey Riding Mini Bike[/ame]

:roflmto:
Keith

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i agree with winchman my easy rider is a jinchen and the other is a lifan skygo. both good value for money n quality . because they are 2 seaters its possible to put throw over bags on the seat gives enough room for a small shopping run when wild camping. if you want serious m,biking dont get a monkey /dax . they are short riding have a laugh bikng . in uk i ride a big 1500cc n a 250cc but still enjoy the dax when away in the camper.

winchman

Free Member
Jul 9, 2009
Funster No
whilst looking for a Monkey, every one looks at a Dax and calls them monkey bikes which isnt strictly true, but to my point.
Honda also made a version of the Dax called a Chaly (CF50) its basically the same as a Dax with a different frame ( just swap the frame and you can build a Dax cheaper rames are about £50 new)
It will carry two adults ans are sold as 70cc 3 speed semi auto but they did a few 50c fully automatic ones in the early 80s, they even have a shopping basket on the front, the easy way to spot an auto is most of them had square headlights

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi winchman chaly,s are still being made in china. rode one only 3 weeks ago. eat my dirt in barnsley have them in stock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back