Free Member
Jan 30, 2016
North Devon
Funster No
MH
PILOTE
Exp
SINCE 2008
Hi all, I am new to this site, my name is Sylv and my hubby is Kev. We have met some of the people on here on our travels in Benicarlo last year.
We were wondering if anyone has been to the show at Westpoint Exeter that is on at the moment and if you have do you think it is worth going too. The only feedback we have found on line for this show is from a few years ago and it was very negative. We would appreciate your feedback.

Jun 8, 2013
Taunton
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
4 years
Welcome, search westpoint above and you will see a number of threads to be honest save your money it's rubbish will take couple of minutes to see the lot very few accessories only some vans which you can see in showrooms

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Sorry can't help with your question, if you want accessories then you need a bigger show and the same with vans and welcome to FUN. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Hi. We have been a couple of times. I wouldn't call it rubbish...small compared to others yes. Mainly area dealers and very little other trade stands. Giving it a miss this year. Sadly they are not putting on the early motorhome show at the Bath and West this year, now that one really did go down hill and ended up being a waste of money. In a way it'_s a good thing, wont be tempted into buying things we dont need!!

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Its always going to be small if nobody goes, feel sorry for the exhibitors who put time & money into going, we usually go, bit of a day out meet up with a few etc.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Someone had posted on Facebook vw group. Said waste of time. Very few stalls or vans. They complained to organisers who's reply was they could not get traders to attend.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We used to exhibit at Westpoint but it is very expensive for us given the very small numbers of day visitors

The organisers need to arrange for overnight camping Thursday to Sunday possible Monday to encourage people to travel further a field

Next month the NEC show which costs us Thousands of pounds is worth it due to the number of people that attend

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I guess as its a show ground the camping would be on grass and at this time of year with the rain might give them a few problems.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I guess as its a show ground the camping would be on grass and at this time of year with the rain might give them a few problems.
No, there are acres and acres of Tarmac there, and there has been camping before for a different show

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Took quite a trek to get there about 10 years ago. Very over priced then for a poor show. Sounds as though no improvements since then.
Barrie.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back