West Wittering Beach (1 Viewer)

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
The kids have asked us whether it's possible to park up the Motorhome in WWB during the summer period (not overnight), I have looked at their website and it just mentions cars and coaches etc. You cannot stay overnight, so we'll stay somewhere local. But was wondering if any Funsters had actually been there and encountered any problems parking up. The Car Park is mostly on sandy ground. We have been before (2 years ago) and I don't recall seeing any Motorhomes. TIA..

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I've parked at East Wittering.
There was also a couple of vans overnighting on their way to Goodwood races, not sure it was strictly allowed.
Centre of picture.
upload_2016-1-30_12-14-21.png

According to Google Earth there are loads of place next to the beach at West Wittering

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
You can park on the west wittering estate which is all grass (£8 for the day), direct access to the beach ,dogs allowed at far end on edge of Chichester harbour, bbq's allowed - great place..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
Scotts Farm campsite is an option if you want to overnight in the area. They don't take bookings so you can just turn up. Apparently they only fill up on August Bank holiday.

We will be doing that this summer i suspect. Daytime at the witterings and night at scotts.

Hayling island beach car park is not that far away and is another useful spot where motorhomes can stop for night.

OP
OP
Steve and Kat
Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
Scotts Farm campsite is an option if you want to overnight in the area. They don't take bookings so you can just turn up. Apparently they only fill up on August Bank holiday.

We will be doing that this summer i suspect. Daytime at the witterings and night at scotts.

Hayling island beach car park is not that far away and is another useful spot where motorhomes can stop for night.

I should imagine we'll be at Nunnington Farm during the evening, but will drive the MH over to the Beach day time...

Thank You...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 12, 2011
West sussex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 06
We get there before 8 am when no ones on duty to take your dosh,pay at the barrier £2, spent a lot of days there love it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back