3 Data sim offer (1 Viewer)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Hi. Just information for everyone. I've just bought the 3 data sim 12G valid for 12 months for £56 was over £70 last year it's on offer at the moment excellent value and worked great last year for us. Hope this helps (y)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I wonder if that can be used as part of their "Feel at Home" package

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Thanks @Fragle have just looked and they are available from the 3 store online so assume they are also available from any three store on the high street as well. (y)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Buy them off ebay much cheaper.

'Fraid not Don.

Just been to EBay and the ball park figure is about £80. Looks like the Entrepreneurs, (the french don't have a word for that:LOL:)are having their fingers burnt.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
'Fraid not Don.

Just been to EBay and the ball park figure is about £80. Looks like the Entrepreneurs, (the french don't have a word for that:LOL:)are having their fingers burnt.
That's a shame we got 3 last year and worked out at 60 quid each and we have one left for our run back to UK in March, so will be using it sparingly......

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
@emmitdb beat me to it I was just going to say checked on e-bay and the cheapest 12gb/12 month preloaded data sim I could see was £79.89 so reckon the one direct from 3 at £56 is a reasonable deal at the moment.

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Thanks @Fragle have just looked and they are available from the 3 store online so assume they are also available from any three store on the high street as well. (y)
No problem (y) You have to buy a new sim. We tried to refresh ours on line and the offer is different.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Sorry for the hijack,

Would I be right in saying that the 12mths starts on first use or is the clock 'ticking' as soon as it's bought.
Sorry for the dumb question but we've only had the pebble for three months and we were on a rolling contract before.i

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Not
Sorry for the hijack,

Would I be right in saying that the 12mths starts on first use or is the clock 'ticking' as soon as it's bought.
Sorry for the dumb question but we've only had the pebble for three months and we were on a rolling contract before.i
Not sure mate. As I've just activated mine. Worth asking in shop though :)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have been in brief discussion with motorhomewifi @Addie, looking to update our mifi before we go next week, they sell data only sims which seem very good value

Broken Link Removed

I was looking at the 12 month option direct from 3, 12Gb in 12 months for £56, but I reckon 7Gb in 30 days for £25 makes more sense for us

in answer to question above re start point, it is when activated not when bought, we will probably buy 2 of the 7Gb to cover next trip and maybe the one after if we don't get through it between us in one month, which is possible and I don't mind paying £25 for a months access :)

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I have been in brief discussion with motorhomewifi @Addie, looking to update our mifi before we go next week, they sell data only sims which seem very good value

Broken Link Removed

I was looking at the 12 month option direct from 3, 12Gb in 12 months for £56, but I reckon 7Gb in 30 days for £25 makes more sense for us

in answer to question above re start point, it is when activated not when bought, we will probably buy 2 of the 7Gb to cover next trip and maybe the one after if we don't get through it between us in one month, which is possible and I don't mind paying £25 for a months access :)
We found 12gb was more than enough for browsing and e mail and covered the 5 weeks in France with lots to spare. Only watch you tube or tv when on wifi helps

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Am I right or wrong in saying that I'm going to get a payg sim from three and put it in my iPad and get an all you can eat package for £20 for a month and then when it runs out just top up...? I intend to do this when I'm in Europe.
Does anyone do this ...?

Ta...
Garry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Am I right or wrong in saying that I'm going to get a payg sim from three and put it in my iPad and get an all you can eat package for £20 for a month and then when it runs out just top up...? I intend to do this when I'm in Europe.
Does anyone do this ...?

Ta...
Garry

Basically NO ...

From this link:

http://www.3g.co.uk/unlimited-data-plans.html

it says:

Can you get unlimited mobile broadband?
No. While all phones and mobile phone SIM cards have all-you-can-eat data plans, tablets, tablet SIMs, dongles and MiFi don’t.

However, they do still offer generous allowances of up to 15GB of monthly data with a MiFi device, tablet or dongle or 10GB if you just want a tablet SIM card.
The alternative would be to have a phablet (ie phone tablet combo) in which you could use a phone sim ... that's what we have.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Does anyone do this ...?

Ta...
Garry

we actually replace the sim card each time, but that is up to now because we have been buying the sim when we get overseas, not sure if there is an option to top these up when the have a use it or lose it rule

I am also not sure you will have any luck finding unlimited monthly use abroad, you will be hard pushed to get it for UK use (y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Just check how long the offer is for. Maybe just for January
ive ordered one thanks... at min I'm paying a £10 for 1 gb when I need mobile internet and its valid for 30 days... lots of the time ive still quite a bit data left and wasted... its the 12 month that appeals and ill see how the data lasts...
cheers andy

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
So what do people use in their cellular iPad if any...?
Basically NO ...

From this link:

http://www.3g.co.uk/unlimited-data-plans.html

it says:

Can you get unlimited mobile broadband?
No. While all phones and mobile phone SIM cards have all-you-can-eat data plans, tablets, tablet SIMs, dongles and MiFi don’t.

However, they do still offer generous allowances of up to 15GB of monthly data with a MiFi device, tablet or dongle or 10GB if you just want a tablet SIM card.
The alternative would be to have a phablet (ie phone tablet combo) in which you could use a phone sim ... that's what we have.

we actually replace the sim card each time, but that is up to now because we have been buying the sim when we get overseas, not sure if there is an option to top these up when the have a use it or lose it rule

I am also not sure you will have any luck finding unlimited monthly use abroad, you will be hard pushed to get it for UK use (y)

So what do people use in their cellular iPads if any..?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

we replace the sim in Bevs iPad (y) in the UK she tops it up, before 3 went so generous we have bought the sims abroad and even changed in different countries, now hoping the 3 sims will work home and France at least

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
we replace the sim in Bevs iPad (y) in the UK she tops it up, before 3 went so generous we have bought the sims abroad and even changed in different countries, now hoping the 3 sims will work home and France at least
They do(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

If it is an iPad which is also capable of being used as a phone (I don't know if they can as I've never had one!) then it would be classed a phablet, not a tablet, so a standard mobile phone sim should work in it - as a genuine phone there would be no restriction on the use of the unlimited data as that only applies to dedicated data sims. That's how I understand it anyway!

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you have a '3' phone sim then this applies to the use of the data abroad:

How much do all-you-can-eat data plans cost?
If you don’t need a new phone then you can opt for a SIM Only tariff, which on a 12 month contract gives you unlimited data, 200 minutes and unlimited texts for just £17 per month, or for a more flexible 30 day contract you can get the same allowances for £20 per month.

On Pay As You Go unlimited data is available as a monthly add-on for £15, which also gives you 300 minutes and 3000 texts.

Can I use my data when roaming abroad?
Yes, with Three's Feel At Home service you can use your allowances in
18 international destinations at no extra cost. However there are some minor restrictions, including the use of data, which is capped at 25GB if you’re on an all-you-can-eat data tariff. But in most cases that should still be more than enough for even the longest of holidays.
So even if you have a continual contract or PAYG/30 day deal with unlimited data in the UK, you cannot use more than 25gb of data per month abroad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
As far as I'm aware the iPad doesn't come with a phone option although looking online there are apps you can use apparently. I don't think a phone sim will work in the iPad. I did ask befor I bought my last sim so assuming that hasn't changed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back