Help please with Spanish sites (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks to the @ianthebuilder thread, I've decided to head for the Peniscola area this year. I've looked at a couple of sites (Vizmar etc) but would prefer some Funster 'local knowledge' and input.

Unfortunately, because of the wife's work, I'm stuck with the school summer holidays - July and August and cannot go at a different time.

Here's a few questions....

• In the pic's, the sites I looked at appear rammed! Silly question, but is this the case with all of them at that time of year?
  • Do you have any other recommendations for this area?
  • Anything else I need to know?
Thanks all
James

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thanks to the @ianthebuilder thread, I've decided to head for the Peniscola area this year. I've looked at a couple of sites (Vizmar etc) but would prefer some Funster 'local knowledge' and input.

Unfortunately, because of the wife's work, I'm stuck with the school summer holidays - July and August and cannot go at a different time.

Here's a few questions....

• In the pic's, the sites I looked at appear rammed! Silly question, but is this the case with all of them at that time of year?
  • Do you have any other recommendations for this area?
  • Anything else I need to know?
Thanks all
James
In Spain most companies close for the whole month of August and everyone goes on holiday. This is why the sites are so busy as is most of the coastal areas as the Spanish head there to their holiday homes that are empty for the remaining 11 months. The road network is a nightmare 1/2/3rd August and the 30/31 August........................

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Camping Ribamar, Alcossebre, nice site set in natural surroundings not far from Peniscola. Stayed there several times recommended.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Wingman. Since I've been here in Denia I have been told that in benicarlo just before peniscola there are a couple of good sites but can't get names! Sorry. Ian.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@ianthebuilder

Ian me ol' China. I've been following you on the Ian/Helga thread. I remember being one of the first to reply to you when you joined (we talked about driving on the right). That was BEFORE you had a massive fan base!

Thanks for the info on Denia. Don't worry, I'll look up the name of the site(s).

It's soooo funny; here I am mumping info off of you now. You've overtaken me mate! You know every drainhole over there!

Regards
James

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
I have toured Andalucia in the first two weeks of September, and experienced temperatures of 43c.
If you can stand that, go for it, there are lots of sites to choose from.

E.njoy

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Camping Eden,,excellent site,,good walking and cycling bars and restaurants in Peniscola. BUSBY.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
P
@ianthebuilder

Ian me ol' China. I've been following you on the Ian/Helga thread. I remember being one of the first to reply to you when you joined (we talked about driving on the right). That was BEFORE you had a massive fan base!

Thanks for the info on Denia. Don't worry, I'll look up the name of the site(s).

It's soooo funny; here I am mumping info off of you now. You've overtaken me mate! You know every drainhole over there!

Regards
James

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
James. Lol how are you ? Right what I will say is this site I'm on is not bad, I mean no big clubhouse, slightly dodgy internet but I will tell you about it cause it's covered in trees and natural shade! It can still be pretty chilly now (I'm on pitch no 4 ) and the sun doesn't get on me all day! Lol. Not ideal for winter but a blessing in the summer! Apparently they have loads of room in the summer because winter apparently is more popular for them!! But it is a few hours further south in Denia. But just a thought if it's too hot in peniscola etc! Site is called. Los pinos right on the beach. Good size pitches, lovely staff , in Denia. Good luck. Nice to see you!! Ian.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@Hotelman If I could give you multiple 'likes' I would! Great idea; leave the wife at home, travel off-peak and do a solo run a-la ianthebuilder!

Thanks all who have replied.

Have been having another look at Camping Eden. If I can decipher their website/grades of pitches I will investigate further. Even in English, it's hard going (n)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
@Hotelman If I could give you multiple 'likes' I would! Great idea; leave the wife at home, travel off-peak and do a solo run a-la ianthebuilder!

Thanks all who have replied.

Have been having another look at Camping Eden. If I can decipher their website/grades of pitches I will investigate further. Even in English, it's hard going (n)
Try phoning them, or emailing them to ask anything. many of them speak English and I have found them to be more than helpful.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Wingman, we could wild camp with Ian in the lay-bys and inspect the ladies 'selling their wares ' !

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Wingman. Since I've been here in Denia I have been told that in benicarlo just before peniscola there are a couple of good sites but can't get names! Sorry. Ian.
Which site in Denia, is it any good? I couldn't find an ACSI site there. I was hoping to visit for their fiesta in March

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Los Pinos will honour ACSI rates if requested, they are no longer listed.
Worth a visit.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Yes it's a lovely site! I would reccommend it highly,, I'm still waiting for a letter from uk so I might still be here in August!!!! Lol

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
The fallas in Denia is brilliant

Denia March 2009 032.jpg
Denia March 2009 078.jpg