Jul 26, 2009
Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
three years
Hi Everyone,

My name is Patrick and I am from Co. Tipperary in Ireland.

My wife [Michelle] and I [and our 5 kids] have been camping in our motor home for the past three years, mind you, not three years actually living in the MH :roflmto: just holidaying a few weeks every year, with the occasional weekend away around Ireland, etc... In any case, we just returned from two weeks in North France and Belgium, Bruges was an amazing surprise, the people so friendly and the city itself so wonderful with all the lovely architecture and different sights. We were never there before but have vowed to return.

That's all I'll say for the time being, 'cept that I am delighted to have found this site and be able to speak to other camping enthusiasts, and hopefully learn from your experiences on the road.

Regards,

Patrick.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Patrick & Michelle,

Welcome to Fun. We loved Ireland when we toured in 06, but sadly never got to the Atlantic coast due to an early return, (mother's health).

We are told that Ireland is very expensive these days, and with the horrendous costs of ferry travel, it doesn't make it an attractive touring option. We were lucky to get a one off deal of £185 return on any sailing in or out, with Stenna, within a 28 day window, through a friend of a friend. :winky::winky::winky:

But as said previously, that was in 2006.

Jock & Rita.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Patrick and Michelle WELCOME glad you found us.

Sounds like a good trip you had.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
T

Travel Lightly

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
three years
Hi Patrick & Michelle,

Welcome to Fun. We loved Ireland when we toured in 06, but sadly never got to the Atlantic coast due to an early return, (mother's health).

We are told that Ireland is very expensive these days, and with the horrendous costs of ferry travel, it doesn't make it an attractive touring option. We were lucky to get a one off deal of £185 return on any sailing in or out, with Stenna, within a 28 day window, through a friend of a friend. :winky::winky::winky:

But as said previously, that was in 2006.

Jock & Rita.

Thanks for the welcome:Smile:

There are some deals to be had but you are right and it can be expensive coming over here, especially in high season. But having said that once you are here the sites are pretty reasonable compared to the UK. We are also good for a bit of wild camping, but as anywhere you have to pick your spots - we have some nice places in Co. Tipperary, particularly up in the Vee, which is a grand place to visit if your like mountins and winding road, also there's no worries with campers up there:thumb:

the vee tipperary - Google Maps

Thanks also to DESCO for the welcome:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Travel Lightly

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
three years
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I can see you are a nice bunch::bigsmile:

Looking forward to getting to know you all and reading your comments....Some great posts on some very interesting topics on this place, so I am learning from the get go:thumb:

OP
OP
T

Travel Lightly

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
three years
Thank you Lucile. We are very fortunate in that respect, but it is a shame we don't get the weather to be able to appreciate it::bigsmile:

joanie

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
donegal,ireland
Funster No
Exp
three years,on and off
hi patrick and michelle,welcome to the fun,we live in donegal and waiting for the rain to stop so we can have a trip down your way,will it ever stop?lol.:ROFLMAO: happy travels.joanie

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Hi patrick and welcome to fun.Surprised i am the first to say this but ( ITS A LONG WAY TO TIPPERARY).Well it is fun::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Dave

OP
OP
T

Travel Lightly

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
three years
Hi Joanie. Donegal is a great place to go camping, we love it there, especially around Dungloe, near the beach.

If you're popping down this way let us know, our place is just a mile from the Horse and Jockey, near Thurles:Smile:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Patrick + Michelle, we found this site three weeks ago so we kinda still newbies, welcome:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back