Anyone fitted a FIAMMA awning rain guard ? (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Thinking of buying a strip of this, but it's not cheap and I'm not sure it would stay in place with a strong wind and a good slipstream. Has anyone any experience of it ?

$(KGrHqF,!lcE-ks0K0V9BP)OHsLK+Q~~60_35.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170851060...l?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=170851060552&_rdc=1

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I've had one on my MH for four years now and until now had forgotten it was there! I remember that warming it in hot water first made it more pliable to fit, but it only took about 10 minutes to do and is still there. I looked, and it still is there, and does a brilliant job of stopping water flowing in between the gap and subsequently into the awning. Maybe it was expensive, but believe me, the quality is long remembered when the price is soon forgotten!!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yes, due to the shape of the van, the cassette stands slightly proud of the van so I had to fit one in the upper rear channel at the back of the cassette (yes, it is there for that purpose. Lubricate the channel when fitting and simply pull it in. Friction keeps it there and it works very well indeed. If you need pictures then send me a PM. Cheers!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Me too, it's really been good, it's been on there for 4 years, stops the dribble staining on the van sides underneath the awning, too.

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Yep, had a gap between body and awning where rain dripped through, mine was the strip that fitted above the awning tight fit so used a touch of washing up liquid, still there 3 years on

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Been considering this for a while now and as we are heading to UK in March will have a look at price and get some, sounds just the job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Why not a use silicon gunge ?
Depends on the gap.... The strip was cheaper and easier than trying to fill a 2cm gap ;)

Good point for an awning tight against the van wall, but neater if applied to the top where it is out of sight

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I saw "bottom" on ebay, plain daft, the back would fill with water and test the bolt hole sealing to it's limits.
Yes, the cassette had a slot at the bottom but I used the top one just for that reason. Neater, more practical and outa sight.........

Broken Link Removed

Fiamma Awning Rain Guard
CODE: FIAMRAINGUARD
Broken Link Removed
RRP: £7.89
Price: £5.99 – £6.49
You Save: £1.90
Broken Link RemovedSize
Broken Link Removed
Qty:

A convenient rubber guard sealing the space between the awning and the vehicle wall to prevent water from coming in. Easy to install without removing the awning, available in three sizes and sold per meter.

Features
  • Rubber strip
  • Sold by the meter
  • Available in three sizes:
    • Small
      • For awnings installed with standard AS 120 brackets on flat walls
      • Width: 1.6cm
    • Medium
      • For awnings mounted with an adapter spaced out from the wall (up to 4cm) or on curved walls
      • Width: 4cm
    • Large
      • For awnings mounted with an adapter spaced out from the wall (up to 9cm) or on curved walls
      • Width: 9cm

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As with most things Fiamma it is a great little piece of kit, easy to fit, neat & works well (y) No more rain pouring down behind the awning & over the door when we have an awning attached :) Should probably have been fitted with the awning by the dealer but wasn't in our case.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back