Help please. Cannot turn radio off while useing fitted Sat Nav (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
New car,fitted all in one Radio-Sat Nav L.G. I have to have the Radio on quite loud to hear instructions,going a bit deaf....What ?. Is there any trick i can use,to isolate the Radio while useing the Sat Nav. RTFI ? Would that i could ,the booklet is printed for Portugal,Spain and Turkey,so,turn to the font of all knowledge Motorhome fun.
There is no fitting for playing CD's,so,if a buy a "Whotsit" that fits in the USB/Dongle,whatever,that enables Full wits to be able to play songs ,record nothing on it.... Will this still enable the Sat nav to work,and let me proceed without...Musack!. Thanks in advance for your help.
Tea Bag

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Turn the sound off on the radio, if it's like mine sat nav will still issue forth!

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi dabhand.
This it does,but in order to hear it clearly,i turn the volume up and the pesky radio booms out. The female fitting on the unit,looks like a USB port on the computor,but smaller,thats why i am thinking,that if i stick whatever is supposed to go in there,with nothing recorded on it,it may stop the B****y radio. Seems like it can only,"Multitask"...... Perhaps if i stopped calling it,"Doris ?" Thanks anyway.
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
probably a case of pressing the source button, but maybe hidden in a menu

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi TheBig1
It is probably hidden in the "Media" block,like you say,when i fetched it,the salesman gave me a good run down on what did what,and said,"I have changed the language to English on the Sat nav" so i thought jobs a good 'un thats something less to worry about.
Picked it up friday,found the hooter Saturday and today,found the rear electric window buttons,so by July,should be in complete control.....maybe.
Let you know if/when i get it sorted,it is bound to be something simple........ To a Techno wizard. Thanks.
Tea Bag

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
One work around is to select another source such as CD but don't put a CD in, works on mine!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
What car is it? I have a Citroen with a mode button that switches between radio display and sat nav display and separate controls for volume on both so I can have the sat nav voice louder than the radio ( radio also mutes when instructions are given) I would think there are separate volume controls for yours........somewhere.

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi Allanm
It is a Dacia Logan MCV 2015 Jubilee edition.Every thing on it. (New model coming out ? ) It was a toss up between this and an Audi Q47.... LOL At 76,all i want here is something that will get me from A-B and keep my feet dry,the M/home or an aircraft can get me every where else.This was bought in new, cheaper than other second hand estates that had done a million miles and often carted 7 cubic metres of logs during their lifetime....True. Euro 5.500 for a 2000 Opel Frontera,with,wait for it... 147.000 kms ? on the clock Have a look at "Standvirtual" Carros web site,the prices will make you smile.
The Sat-Nav has the L.G logo on it,just been talking to SIL and he says the hole thingy is for an MP3 ? Player,and in the fullness of time,he will come and have a poke about,whats that saying. Sometimes it is better to journey than to arrive ? NO! Not with the "B" radio blasting away its not LOL. Thanks for the help.
Tea Bag

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
That "little" female socket is for plugging the cable that came with the van into, I can then play all the music from my I-Pod..

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
That "little" female socket is for plugging the cable that came with the van into, I can then play all the music from my I-Pod..

Hi jenny and mitch and all the others.
S.I.L. Has been this afternoon and armed with the Medion ? instructions in..Portugues,Spanish and Turkish,pressing all sorts of symbols,it is sorted. His next job (He doesn't KNOW yet) is to load my You tube favourites onto the "Thingy",first wifes "'50's" hits and away we go. Sat through a You Tube 20 min video of,"How your LG-Medion ? radio/sat-nav works" and by the end of it i knew less than when i started.
Tea Bag= Happy bunny

Cairnnut

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Billingham cleveland
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 105
Exp
since 2010
As far as I know you adjust the volume of the satnav while it is actually giving instructions , you should then be able to lower the radio volume. just had a look at an old thread on the dacia forum and it agrees with this see

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi Cairnnut.
NOW YOU TELL ME DOH !
Perhaps where i went wrong,was after being told it was built from sweepings up of the Renault/Nissan production lines,(And i must add, a super fine job they have done to,in Rumania) ,i have been trawling through old renault videos on You Tube,and found a demo for the same Sat Nav as fitted to the Dacia,from an old Renault Clio....... Silly me.
So,if ever the S.I.L is away,thats the link i shall go to,thanks for the info.
Tea Bag
PS. Just a warning if ever you have to reverse this model Dacia. You HAVE to set off in first gear to move away on the flat,now i am not saying its high geared,but i found out tonight,in the dark,that even on tickover,in reverse,it is doing about 45-50 Mph...... SCARY. (I will clean he drivers seat in the morning LOL)

OP
OP
Tea Bag
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi Cairnnut....... "Well done you"
My lawyer will be in touch... "Drifting" through hairpins,(As you do,at about 90mph)) down a very steep mountain side,with a sheer drop over the edge,Doris mumbled something,so,remembering your post,while she was yacking away i reached across and increased the volume as you advised, yes,THIS DOES WORK!,her voice turning into a LOUD shrill squeal she said." St.Christopher has already bailed out,thats me going now as well".
It was at this point Super Logan GT muscle car launched itself into space.

Well done you though,Radio volume right down to nil,Doris mumbling away (I am a bit? deaf),pressed the volume up while she spoke,now i can hear her perfectly............................... So can other drivers/pedestrians within a one mile radius LOL Do i care ? Thanks to all,another Funsters problem solved.
Tea Bag aka What?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back