The Strikeback Motorhome Alarm (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
jim submitted a new item

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

A Review of the Strikeback Motorhome Alarm by VanBitz
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Oh I wish that the skies were that blue over Cornish Farm Touring Park this morning

It is clear Blue skies that I miss through the Winter

Having said that it was 14 degrees here yesterday

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It is the same with tracking systems. No doubt someone will be along with a broken link soon, saying that you can buy jammers so what is the point? But on a daily basis, dozens of people's vehicles and assets are quickly tracked and returned to them undamaged

People don't realise that you have little say if a vehicle is returned or not, I would rather have it back quickly undamaged, contents intact, than after say a month in a gypsy yard have bits nicked off it before the Police locate it, and return it allowing the insurers to cancel and pending claim for loss

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well we use our's every night when heading to bed and gives peace of mind. In my opinion with EVERY penny. Great write up Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I arm mine every day and night whether I'm out in it or not, though I think I need a re-run through the various aspects of the fob, beeps etc. I've said before that I had the non-starter fitted as well and found out the hard way just how well that works but too long a story for here.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
@eddievanbitz how long in advance does someone have to book to get the alarm fitted?

Not sure of our delivery date yet (been told April) and I want a strikeback rather than any other alarm system.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
@eddievanbitz how long in advance does someone have to book to get the alarm fitted?

Not sure of our delivery date yet (been told April) and I want a strikeback rather than any other alarm system.
We always recommend booking as early as possible to guarantee the date(s) that you want. March is already pretty full and we have bookings in April and May

We don't take deposits, as we don't need your money to buy stock so there is not ulterior motive in suggesting that you book a provisional date early and then move it closer to the collection date if necessary, but you will be amazed the number of people who get angry with us, as they phone up on the 1st March and say "Hi I spoke with your people at the NEC show last year, I've got my van when can you install Growler for me, my insurance company has given me 28 days to get it installed"

"Er Six weeks Sir?"

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
The other thing worth mentioning is the fantastic ongoing support you will get from the whole Vanbitz team. Nothing is too much trouble.
Which we put to the test just yesterday.
The van went to our nearest Fiat Professional garage to have the ignition recall sorted. The fitter disconnected the battery which armed the 'Non Starter' so he couldn't start the van. He came to find me and ask how 'that complicated alarm of yours works'.
No problem, just send it a text says I. But, my 3 mobile service had no signal so we used his phone to text it. Nothing happened so we tried again.....still nowt.
Rang the lovely Lyn at VanBitz who said they would take command of the system from there but it turned out there was no Vodafone signal at the garage either. Doh!
The fitter was given instructions on how to find and disable the unit so that he could start and move the van, which he was able to do. Finally VanBitz rang him back to say he could plug it back together and all was now under control.
Van is now back home and I now know how to overcome the system if I ever need to.
It would take a very patient and well equipped thief to find and disable the system I think.
The fitter was quite in awe at how good the whole system was, saying he had never come across anything like it.

Richard.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Second van with Strikeback fitted......wouldn't be without it. This ones a growler... an acquaintance asked how long a crim could stay inside with the alarm going.. said I didn't think it was long enough to nick anything . Pffft he scoffed let's have a go... He shouldn't have had 12, 23 and 4 off the Wing Lai House Special menu the night before but at least he got out before it returned.....You know, like dogs many humans rarely digest sweetcorn:D

Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Tztello jim. I have bought anew moterhome. And was looking at alarms .l notice your blog .and it help to make my mindup. I will be booking in with vanbitz .in early april.van ready in march. Thanks.

Wunderlust

Free Member
Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Interesting read. I'm hoping to buy our first MH next week so I'm looking at various alarms/immobiliser/tracking devices etc. I'm drawn to the Outsmart the Thief set up over the Strikeback. I know there is currently some issues with Thatcham approval but for the amount of discount offered by some insurance companies that's not a real issue for me. The overall package of Outsmart the Thief looks to be the better option.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Eddie, despite that jammy result at murrayfield yesterday :D, i intend to bring my MH down to you to have your best alarm fitted , going by the posts, as soon as i have a delivery date for my MH i will contact you guys and we can sort out a booking. at present i was promised a jan delivery date ,last i heard it will be feb , but im having the dealer fit lots of aftermarket parts so hopefully that will give me some margin for booking in.

GordyE

Free Member
Jul 4, 2016
Wiltshire, England
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Autocruise Forte
Exp
Since 2003
Can't wait to get my Growler fitted. It's all about managing risk. If mine is protected with an angry Growler then the bad guys should move on to the next, easier target! Do we need a code for the discount at vanbitz or do they automatically apply the 10% discount when we mention motorhomefun? Thanks y'all.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Can't wait to get my Growler fitted. It's all about managing risk. If mine is protected with an angry Growler then the bad guys should move on to the next, easier target! Do we need a code for the discount at vanbitz or do they automatically apply the 10% discount when we mention motorhomefun? Thanks y'all.

You must be a subscriber and I believe you must mention the discount at the time of booking or you won't get it. Its a great alarm, I've had one on every van for many years.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You must be a subscriber and I believe you must mention the discount at the time of booking or you won't get it. Its a great alarm, I've had one on every van for many years.
Yes Jim that is correct. To be honest, a 10% discount on say a Oyster Internet system is about £350!

For £350 its worth claiming when you book, rather than us asking everyone and then upsetting the unenlightened who haven't joined the best motorhome club(y)

Facts? Sorry you get diddly squat lol

Apr 30, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Just had a Strikeback fitted and very pleased with every aspect of the work and was struck by the friendliness of all the staff encountered, including cleaner. My only quibble is to do with the ten percent off for Motorhomefun members. I was not aware that one had to claim discount at the time of booking.Perhaps future clients could be asked if they are a member during the initial booking procedure?
Nevertheless, had a good day out and pleased with the job completed.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Our Strikeback and no-start system are great. Thanks Eddie and team.

Jemima didn't start but sent me a text message when he put the keys in the ignition to check mileage!

Not a cheap system but the best.

Andrew gill151

Free Member
Apr 18, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus C class
Exp
2 years
Got the Growler and nonstarter fitted to my motorhome, great bit of kit, the only thing I wish I had done was an extra led fitted to the near side of the van as I can't see whether it's set when parked on my drive, also having a few glitches with the nonstarter, when I set it it takes a few texts to unset it, waiting for a reply from Vanbitz
re this but no doubt they will sort it or explain what I may be doing wrong, there after sales service so far has been excellent.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back