Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks to me that if you want to play Sudoku you still have to pay a tenner:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Do you think there will there be refunds ? :thumb:

not for me...my £ stays in my pocket as far as that place is concerned!!
now i wouldnt mind a tenner for this place .....:thumb:
i think some may want a refund..but i also think all is not as it seems..cause you still need to pay to access some area's am i correct......:Doh:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
As far as I can see MHF has always been free to JOIN...But it cost (and it still does) £10 to subscribe.

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
As far as I can see MHF has always been free to JOIN...But it cost (and it still does) £10 to subscribe.

so its not free then really eh!!!just clever wording ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Nothing has changed at all over there all you get is what you always got for free 5 posts and thats your lot, you then cough up to carry on, Its his knee jerk reaction to the sucsess of this site, and an attempt to get google pick up on the free bit on the front page
The main differance between the 2 sites is Mh Fun is free, totaly free
The other free site is a Tenner a year:ROFLMAO:
Geo

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
a bit of labour party spin then !! :roflmto:

ray:Nowink:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Nothing has changed at all over there all you get is what you always got for free 5 posts and thats your lot, you then cough up to carry on, Its his knee jerk reaction to the sucsess of this site, and an attempt to get google pick up on the free bit on the front page
The main differance between the 2 sites is Mh Fun is free, totaly free
The other free site is a Tenner a year:ROFLMAO:
Geo

well said....Link Removed

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Wonder what Trading Standards would say? :Eeek:

Probably nothing Linda, because its not really a trade, rather just a neat trick to get registrations. It will work against the site in the end because users will feel duped when they try to access the site crossword and can't unless they pay a tenner. ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Its a big Con trick then
I cant imagine were he picked up such skills:winky:
geo

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Guess I made a mistake.. caught up in the spin . :Blush:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
I notice your welcome back was short lived Ray :RollEyes:

yep nothings changed there then:RollEyes: got motorhomefun on the page for six minutes :ROFLMAO:

then stew [ artona] throw the dummy out off the pram :cry::cry: deleted it and my guest account

lifes too short:Smile:

ray

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
yep nothings changed there then got motorhomefun on the page for six minutes :ROFLMAO:

then stew [ artona] throw the dummy out off the pram deleted it and my guest account

lifes too short:Smile:

ray

have i missed a bit of excitment here.................:Doh::Doh:
always miss it....:shout::ROFLMAO:

R

Ralph

Deleted User
Never having been an MHF subscriber I was intrigued to note where I went when typing www.motorhomefun.com by mistake! :Smile:

Did they already have that URL or was it a reaction?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They already owned it, but only recently re directed it

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Never having been an MHF subscriber I was intrigued to note where I went when typing www.motorhomefun.com by mistake! :Smile:

Did they already have that URL or was it a reaction?

Looks like a reaction to the REAL fun site :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Googling 'motorhomefun' also throws up MHF next to MHFun :Sad:

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Guys, I've no axe to grind and am a contented reader and occasional poster on a number of motorhome sites. What I can't get my head round is the fact that anyone who has enough money to buy and run a motorhome should quibble about coughing up a tenner for something that's going to help them to get the most out of it.

It's great that this and other sites are free, it's also fine with me that some make a small charge. I may stand to be corrected in the fullness of time, but I really can't see anyone making a living, let alone a fortune, out of running a motorhome forum.

Anyway, I thought there was a no moaning rule here?

Mike

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Am I right in thinking that this as only been purchased recently? as in the 11th September?

Hmm would that not be Cyber-squatting? ie have they intentionally broken the law by buying that domian?

Briefly

Thankfully, legislation has changed with respect to trademark laws that prohibit the use of domain names being "wrongfully" purchased. Consequently, companies that have appealed against the use/ownership of a domain name (held by another party) have won their case.

I also wonder whethor inciting harrassment is legal? oh yes here we go

In English criminal law, incitement is an anticipatory common law offence and is the act of persuading, encouraging, instigating, pressuring, or threatening so as to cause another to commit a crime.

"I wouldn't mind if members of this website went on to Link Removed changed.co.uk and hassled their live chat operator about where the stickers went for the following order number:
KU-61323380211193999 (order number changed too)"

While everyone as the right to be angry at being ripped off, there are legal channels

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Am I right in thinking that this as only been purchased recently? as in the 11th September?

Hmm would that not be Cyber-squatting? ie have they intentionally broken the law by buying that domian?

That's only the Updated Date, George.

As Jim said, they already owned it - Creation date 9 April 2005 according to the Whois entry.

Graham

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Guys, I've no axe to grind and am a contented reader and occasional poster on a number of motorhome sites. What I can't get my head round is the fact that anyone who has enough money to buy and run a motorhome should quibble about coughing up a tenner for something that's going to help them to get the most out of it.
A valid point Mike. Probably several different reasons why people don't pay the tenner, rather than the fact that it is paying out money.

In my own case I subscribed to MHF in June last year when it was the only MH forum I knew of. At first I enjoyed it but then started to become more and more frustrated with some of the threads and posters - which might be my fault rather than theirs I suppose.

The impression I got (rightly or wrongly) was that some members thought they were a cut above the rest. Having, by that time, found other forums I didn't consider that to be the case. Result - I didn't renew my subscription this year.

As I mentioned to Keith at York, forums seem to me a bit like pubs - you go in the ones you like and avoid others.

That's only my angle on it. Whether or not anyone else agrees doesn't really matter as it's just my personal opinion.

Graham

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

It's great that this and other sites are free, it's also fine with me that some make a small charge. I may stand to be corrected in the fullness of time, but I really can't see anyone making a living, let alone a fortune, out of running a motorhome forum.

Anyway, I thought there was a no moaning rule here?

Mike

Hi Mike, I agree completely, I paid my subscription more than once, no one forced me to and I never moaned about it, like you I thought it good value for money. However I understand for some its not about having the money, its more about the principle of paying for a resource that in many ways they already own, because of their contributions to it.

With MotorhomeFun I wanted members to feel that ownership, rather than expect a service for which they have paid, I think that this sense of ownership will enrich this site far more than any tenner a year could. Well that's the plan anyway, but what do I know? I'm a newbie to all this! :Smile:If subscription is the only way to grow a site, I am sure I will find out soon enough. Early results though, have me thinking we are on the right road. ::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Money
Hungry