Alerts (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
Can someone tell me how to turn of E mail alerts please. Dont mind them when i log in here but getting them all by mail is a right pain.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Click on your name, top right and you'll find loads of settings, it's there somewhere.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I believe you may find the solution

top right your user name then /account/alert-preferences lots of boxes to tick / untick

Pipped at the post :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Found it guys cheers. I was looking in alerts where i should have been looking in Preference.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Thought i had it but no. I think i do now though.

Broken Link Removed

^^ That link if it works for you is Top bar pick forums, then watched forums and at the bottom left view all watched forums. You should now see the drop down menu. Pick stop watching forums. If i am not back soon to moan then its worked. :LOL:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thought i had it but no. I think i do now though.

Broken Link Removed

^^ That link if it works for you is Top bar pick forums, then watched forums and at the bottom left view all watched forums. You should now see the drop down menu. Pick stop watching forums. If i am not back soon to moan then its worked. :LOL:

If I am following you correctly, I think you might now not be watching threads, so by default you will no longer get emails

when you select watch thread you have an option to receive emails, I think it defaults to not

once you have asked for them I don't know how to stop them, other than maybe as you have unwatch, then watch again but don't select emails :D

There now that cant have failed to unconfused you :LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
I am happy to get the alert at the top right of the forum David. Yes i managed to turn off e mail allert as that is what i wanted. So far i get alerts for like and quotes. Ill see if i can turn the visual alert back on for watching. Had i knew about the mail alerts i would have joined in my junk mail account. Saying that i could just have easily changed it i suppose. Ach well, sorted now. :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you are ever stuck go to the bottom of any page, on the right click on FAQ. Most every question about the site is answered there. Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
If you are ever stuck go to the bottom of any page, on the right click on FAQ. Most every question about the site is answered there. Broken Link Removed
Oh Aye, see it now Jim cheers.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
I have unticked all the boxes in preferences but I'm still receiving alerts in my email box. Is there something else I can do ?

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
I suspect that people sometimes tick or un-tick boxes but forget to hit the 'save changes' button at the foot of the page.
Stef.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Ill not start another post just add to this one, Its the green option :D

When you open a post it goes to the last/newest post. How to i change that to go to the 1st post?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
OK I give up.... I've tried to get a private convesation answer and still can't find it.

I can find alert preferences but HOW do I stop the E MAILS ONLY ... I don't want to stop the other alerts on the forum top right hand corner... I cannot find a box that even states the word E MAIL.. :(

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
OK I give up.... I've tried to get a private convesation answer and still can't find it.

I can find alert preferences but HOW do I stop the E MAILS ONLY ... I don't want to stop the other alerts on the forum top right hand corner... I cannot find a box that even states the word E MAIL.. :(

Hope this works for you. The link i put up in post number 5. You will see a drop down menu what you press on the little black arrow that is pointing down. When it expands then chose "Disable Email Notification"

See....

Broken Link Removed

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Oh God. Lovely Movan asks a question and only gets the daft Sweaty to help :moon2:

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Oh God. Lovely Movan asks a question and only gets the daft Sweaty to help :moon2:

Hoy Admin, Where is the fat yorkie Bas**** online alerts?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

For private conversation email alerts.....

Click the alerts tab then got right to the bottom of the box..
right hand side...alert preferences.

Scroll right to the bottom of the options.

Untick any ticked boxs in Group preferences then save.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back