Anybody Between Valencia And Cartegena ? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We'll be arriving in the area tomorrow and hoping to meet up with some Funsters :)

Gonna spend 4 or 5 days there. We'll bring beer :)

If there's nobody to meet up, are there any nice seaside places to stay ?

On track at Cartegena next weekend :)

?

Deleted User
Look at that fat ass hanging from the bike Lol

Alright Yorki?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
L'Azohia. In camper contact. Cracking aire just south of Cartagena right on the beach. We were there a couple of weeks ago.

If you drive to the end you can see where we parked. Bottom left in the second pic.

Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/aV6otzK2XwQ2

Or
Dropped pin
https://goo.gl/maps/PouQTWoDZEn

20160106_144157.jpg
20160106_165224.jpg

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
La Azohia is a lovely place & even more so for me out of season. I used to do a fair bit of work over there & loved going over. When you posted the photo the other week it brought back memories as I haven't really been over there for some years now.
The La Azohia fishermen used to be one of only 2 places left in the world that still caught Tuna the old fashioned way using the Tunny-net. That's if it is still being done as it requires quite few fishermen & these days not many want to take up such a profession when the rewards aren't great.

http://www.xn--mardeespaa-19a.es/archivos/guiones/inglés/039 La almadraba de la Azohía - Ing.pdf

Your second photo also shows one of the reasons of how Spain got itself into such a mess.The apartment blocks in the distance, when constructed were ,possibly still are , totally illegal. They were even built on land that wasn't even owned by them :LOL:. Quite a shock to the man who did own it when he turned up ! Aah, The 'good old days '.:D

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We were at La Azohia last week, parked up behind church. We cycled up to take a look at the guns.
IMG_20160120_155101.jpg

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
It is in our book. Camperstop, which is same company. Just checked and it is not on campercontact - my mistake:whistle:
We have stayed there last two years and is a popular spot. Wc is 'lift a lid' and no easy water so go full & empty.

Do you have a link please? it's not in my Camper Contact:(

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We'll be arriving in the area tomorrow and hoping to meet up with some Funsters :)

Villasol of course, farsens of us here. Be good to meet after all these years.

Oh bollox, just seen the original post date.

Last edited:
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
It is in our book. Camperstop, which is same company. Just checked and it is not on campercontact - my mistake:whistle:
We have stayed there last two years and is a popular spot. Wc is 'lift a lid' and no easy water so go full & empty.
Thanks Dazzlin, I have the book so found it :) cheers :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back